Page 1 of 2
I'm applying for joint fine art & music at Bath Spa, Chichester, Liverpool John Moores, and Canterbury Christ Church.

So what courses and what universities do you want to go to?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I'm in the US, so our applications aren't due quite yet. I'm looking at Boston University, Northeastern University, NYU, and possibly Rutgers and CUNY Hunter.
no idea LOL

tbh uni is a back up plan for me. im after getting on a sponsorship thing for a job/part time degree which doesnt involve UCAS

i'll prolly keep it local though, newcastle and northumbria doing chemistry or physics
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I'm definitely applying to The University of Edinburgh, Dundee and Stirling.

Not sure where else, yet.
Right now I'm at Adirondack Community College in upstate new york. I'm going for Communications and Media Arts. Hopefully after next year I can transfer to Clarkson in even further upstate new york. I'd be going for Graphic Design there.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I'm applying for joint fine art & music at Bath Spa, Chichester, Liverpool John Moores, and Canterbury Christ Church.

So what courses and what universities do you want to go to?

Oh cool, Bath Spa and Christ Church are on my list too...
First on my list is Winchester though.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Anywhere much good for stuff like advertising/media courses?

I just started year 12, so UCAS isn't bothering me much right now, but I would just like to know.
At the moment I'm set for Actuarial Studies at Queens (Belfast). Still need to write a personal statement etc. and make some more choices.

AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR

Tips for prospective students...

1) Do some volunteer stuff now. Yes now. It is so useful when it comes to your personal statement as it shows that you are not a self centered recluse.

2) Talk to your teachers about how much you are going to work and what you might achieve. In turn they may predict you grades higher then usual. If this doesn't work then bribe them. Obviously if you screw up at the end of the year it won't count for much, but some Universities like KCL will still consider you for a place and could even lower their offer so you get in. The health sciences department this year is full of students who failed to get anywhere near 320 points required for entry.

3) Pick what University you want to go to and figure it out from there. Don't go to any shitty establishment for the sake of getting in. When you get to this stage, age doesn't count for shit, so if you for example wanted to go back and retake to get higher grades or whatever, don't think that you will get left behind.
I am....making progress...
Cambridge, Edinburgh, UCL and Bristol for medicine and then Warwick for my back up choice of Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry. I hope I get some offers, stupid competitive courses.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Quote by Tsuchiya

1) Do some volunteer stuff now. Yes now. It is so useful when it comes to your personal statement as it shows that you are not a self centered recluse.

2) Talk to your teachers about how much you are going to work and what you might achieve. In turn they may predict you grades higher then usual. If this doesn't work then bribe them. Obviously if you screw up at the end of the year it won't count for much, but some Universities like KCL will still consider you for a place and could even lower their offer so you get in. The health sciences department this year is full of students who failed to get anywhere near 320 points required for entry.

3) Pick what University you want to go to and figure it out from there. Don't go to any shitty establishment for the sake of getting in. When you get to this stage, age doesn't count for shit, so if you for example wanted to go back and retake to get higher grades or whatever, don't think that you will get left behind.

Er, thanks, dad.
Terms and Conditions apply.
St Andrews and Aberdeen are my top 2 choices, I'm going for Economics and International Relations. I'll probably apply to Edinburgh, Dundee and Stirling too, but I'd need to do some more research.
RGU for Architecture, Dundee for Computer Games Development (or technology, i forget), Strathclyde for Architecture or I might just take a year out and maybe do a college course (Aberdeen College - HNC Computer Games Development). Or get a job *shiver*
Haven't even begun looking. But I don't need to apply till next year.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I'm in Huge Turd college at the moment.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by Tsuchiya

K' Koo'

Quote by uk.mace
Aaaaah! I go off to Bristol on Sunday! Woop!
Doing computer science

Bristol or UWE? Bristol is awesome I would apply for History there if it wasn't so bad...

Ohh, pick up the accent. The Bristol accent is easily the best accent down here in the South West
Salford, Teesside, central Lancashire, Sheffield Hallam and De mont fort in Leicester to do either Game designing or game art
Quote by kidsilcon
I'm in Huge Turd college at the moment.

Liverpool has a college named after it?

Sorry.

Quote by Craigo
Ohh, pick up the accent. The Bristol accent is easily the best accent down here in the South West

I only heard 2 people speaking in it when I was there. One made me laugh. A lot.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Craigo
Bristol or UWE? Bristol is awesome I would apply for History there if it wasn't so bad...)

Ayeee?

I'm probably going to take a gap year as I need some bumming around time but I'm applying for Bristol and Chester and Plymouth for Forensic Science and Biology.

Bristol is my first choice.
Quote by Craigo
Bristol or UWE? Bristol is awesome I would apply for History there if it wasn't so bad...

Ive been at UWE for a couple of weeks now, got my first tutorial in Games Technology on Monday.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Ive been at UWE for a couple of weeks now, got my first tutorial in Games Technology on Monday.

Awesome do you like it? I'm not sure if I'll go to that one or just the University of Bristol.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Awesome do you like it? I'm not sure if I'll go to that one or just the University of Bristol.

It's really nice, accommodation in Frenchay is fantastic, facilities are great. 2 bars on campus and the building where all the stuff is held is like right next to my flat.

I imagine this is really more to do with the choice of course, but all the module leaders and lecturers I've met have been great, overall it's a fantastic place, if a bit raucous with all so many students in one place.
Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering.

Sheffield
Loughborough
Bristol
Southampton
Bath
Manchester
Liverpool

Not sure which 5 yet.

EDIT: Anyone done any engineering courses at any of them? Any good? Also, what grades did you get in with?

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Last edited by Volta_91 at Sep 25, 2008,
Quote by Volta_91
Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering.

Sheffield
Loughborough
Bristol
Southampton
Bath
Manchester
Liverpool

Not sure which 5 yet.

EDIT: Anyone done any engineering courses at any of them? Any good? Also, what grades did you get in with?

I've heard Hertfordshire is really good for that.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Hmmm UWE seems to come pretty low in rankings

I didnt even look at rankings, I just looked at the courses.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
I didnt even look at rankings, I just looked at the courses.

Yeah I shouldn't really judge it like that. I'll keep looking though, UWE looks like quite a safe bet.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Yeah I shouldn't really judge it like that. I'll keep looking though, UWE looks like quite a safe bet.

Yeah, it all comes down to the course really. I mean, good game dev courses are hard to find, and it essentially came down to UWE or Swansea.

You're best off looking at the unis that are considered to be good for whatever field youre going for first, then compare each of the courses, modules/how theyre assessed/etc
Page 1 of 2