im not tryin to be stupid or anything, but could someone explain to me the difference between like, dreadnought acoustics, jumbos and all the types, coz i dont really understand the differences.

is it just like size or wateva?

cheers in advance.
the size and shape are diferent consequently they have different tones, they sound diferent .

i hope this helps..
There isn't really one specific "type" of guitar that is better than the other. They are all made to be better at one thing than the other. Dreads are best suited of strumming chords. A jumbo is also very well suited for strumming, but they tend to have a little bit different sound than a dread. I think it is a more refined sound, but I'm not entirely sure. Then you have your grand auditorium/000/OM size guitar. They are very good for both flatpicking and fingerpicking. They tend to have a lighter, but much more refined sound than a dread or jumbo.

I'm almost positive that's how it is, but I would wait for an answer from jimtaka or captivate for the best answer.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
It's pretty much explained in this thread.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/announcement.php?f=27&announcementid=103

If you wish to find this thread again then just look above the stickies.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by mikeybaby123
which is better? im assuming its jumbo as they are more expensive...

There is no better or best. it's all about the tone you want. play the different body shops at a store and give it your own judgment.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143