What's up people? Hey i'm having a problem here with my electric guitar, hope you can help me solve it. This is the thing: i have a squier bullet with tremolo. i screw the tremolo arm into the guitar but then when i pull the arm up or down, nothing happens. Do i have to do anything else, or is my guitar spoiled?? tremolo arm is the only problem because it plays normally.
Hope you can help me.
are you pushing it in or rotating it
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
^you need to push it. On a strat pulling it won't do anything, but break your bar.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
dude are you serious?? i think it won't go like that but, i'll try.
Push the bar towards the strings. They will lose tension and give you a lower pitch.

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
^^ has the answer, you can push it inward toward the strings for lower or on most you can pull it away from the guitar for a higher tone. even do both... i do it all the time on my ibanez. just make sure you don't do it too much. i've lost cound ive had to go buy new strings because i've been far too violant with the tremelo arm lol
You can't install the bar? Stripped threads maybe?

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
Quote by jack_demo
^^ has the answer, you can push it inward toward the strings for lower or on most you can pull it away from the guitar for a higher tone. even do both... i do it all the time on my ibanez. just make sure you don't do it too much. i've lost cound ive had to go buy new strings because i've been far too violant with the tremelo arm lol

But you have an ibanez, which most likely has a double locking tremolo. On a squiers trem you really cant pull it up that much.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
My problem is that when i screw the trem arm, my guitar still plays but the trem DOESN'T WORK AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude look up some youtube videos of folks using a strat trem. You must be doing it wrong.

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
Quote by Nelv92
My problem is that when i screw the trem arm, my guitar still plays but the trem DOESN'T WORK AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, don't screw it in too tight. That might be causing it aswell, if it seems really stiff. Let it go a bit more loose, and push towards the strings.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
clicky

screw it in, not too tight, play a note/chord, push bar down towards strings. ie. towards your body, so not down as in towards your feet.
^^ listen to him
If you have tried all these things, post again and describe in detail how you are using the whammy bar.
ok then.
after screwing it, to use the trem i grab the trem and move it parallely to the guitar's body.
I move it left to get a lower pitch ( or should i say "try" to get a lower pitch? ), and right to get a higher pitch, but as i said before nothing happens.
oh that's right i forgot to say this. When i screw it to maximum possible it gets stuck ( of course ) but if i push it a little bit more i can feel some slight variation of the pitch, but i can't keep moving the arm because it is stuck so i can't go on more than that.
Quote by Nelv92
oh that's right i forgot to say this. When i screw it to maximum possible it gets stuck ( of course ) but if i push it a little bit more i can feel some slight variation of the pitch, but i can't keep moving the arm because it is stuck so i can't go on more than that.

Well, don't push it to the maximum possible, you'd be most likely pushing the wood of the body, not the bridge. Have it quite loose, or shove a spring that would stop it going down that far.

Have it really loose, and try it then.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
You don't wanna screw it in all the way, you just want it dangling. WOW THAT SOUNDED SOOO WRONG!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
you dont want to go parallel with the body, you want to move the bar perpendicularly
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
You just don't know how to use it. I had the same problem when I first started playing.

Push the bar toward the neck pickup, not hard, but enough. The pitch will be lowered.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

Just watch a video of a person using one, it's not that hard.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra