Ok basicly, just a topic for UG'ers that like black metal.
My favourite bands are
Gorgoroth(Gaahls awesome and Carving A Giant's..:O)
Satyricon( Mother North<3)
Mayhem!
Emperor!
Dimmu Borgir( OK not trv black but they are awesome)
Carp. Forrest
Nargaroth(only black metal ist krieg)

Yeah, those are my favourites. I don't like Burzum unlike most people, it's too slow for me
Which are your fav's? Why do you love/hate BM?
Horns up \M/
hate full black metal but like crossovers. blackened death like emperor, anaal nathrakh, stuff like that
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
Quote by death_metaller
hate full black metal but like crossovers. blackened death like emperor, anaal nathrakh, stuff like that

Emperor's symphonic black/extreme metal. Not black/death.
well its heavier than most id say so id call it more deathy, black extreme then whatever i just like them more than burzum or whoever.

like mayhem? ****in hate that band!
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
Mayhem created the black metal sound( I know Venom created black metal, mayhem created the 'Black metal sound'). Their music's not really.. Ehm.. But the lyrics(except for Chainsaw Guts****) are really cool.
ah fair play, aint really looked into em, know what they did, inventin black pretty much, saw em at a festival, ****in worst band iv ever seen.

so so bad
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
Yeah, Dead(vocalist) died, Euronymous(guitarist) got killed by Varg Vikernes(Burzum).
The times with Dead and Euro were the best, but those are over.
didnt they like make necklaces out of his skull or summith aparently? heard a rumor, some say it aint true.

am i even thinkin bout the right band? XD
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
Hellhammer(Now in Dimmu Borgir etc) found dead when he commited suicide. He bought a camera, pictured it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_of_the_Black_Hearts < a pic
used it for one of their albums, mashed his brain into a soup and ate it, gathered pieces of his skull and made necklaces of them, then he gave them away to people he found 'worthy'.
Yes, it's true.
this is pretty much the reason i dont like it, music is like a vent of anger, i get ****in into it but black metal is just like...too serious and its stupid imo.... makin someones brain into a soup and shit...thats like a ****ed up criminal

but at the same time they claim to be musicians...at some time in their life they were a little ****in kid practisin guitar tryin to be like ac/dc or whoever and they turned out like that...
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
Not all of them. That was the 2nd wave, those burnt churches and stuff. Modern bands(3rd/4th wave) don't do that stuff, in fact, there are a lot of BM parodies, look up Cookies ist krieg