So I was in guitar center. Some noob taking about how good he was, and then he started playing the easy part of *song* horribly. So, I sat down with a new *guitar* and plugged it into a *amp*, and started playing the solo for *song*. Then I started playing *hard song*, but like twice as fast. The noob put down his guitar and walked out looking *sad/pissed off/confused*. So, everyone, tell me how awesome I am.

Anyways, on a serious note, at my local guitar shop they have a Digitech Chorus pedal for a good price, but I realized I don't really know what chorus sounds like in a song. Can someone give me a song/songs that use chorus heavily, so I can have an idea of what it sounds like within a song?
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I like how you're such 4 1337 h4x gu1t4r player enough to try to make some kid feel like shit, but you don't know what chorus sounds like.
Quote by nzeese
I like how you're such 4 1337 h4x gu1t4r player enough to try to make some kid feel like shit, but you don't know what chorus sounds like.

Please tell me that you actually picked up on first part being a complete joke. Please.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Take up bass and become Duff McKagan.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Chorus will give a richer, fuller sound than one guitar alone.
It emulates that more guitars are played together, and since no guitars are ever in perfect pitch to eachother, each of the samples are *slighty* (read: extremely little) out of tune with each other, just like a vocal-chorus would be (hence the name).
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by Chrisiphone

I sold my bass a couple weeks ago, heh
I was in Guitar Center today and saw this young kid trying a guitar. He was minding his business and wasn't bothering anyone.

Then this other kid came in and started playing the same song as the first kid but he played it louder and the first kid walked away to escape the awful noise.

Then the second kid was all confused about what a chorus pedal did.
Quote by SenorSmiley
I was in Guitar Center today and saw this young kid trying a guitar. He was minding his business and wasn't bothering anyone.

Then this other kid came in and started playing the same song as the first kid but he played it louder and the first kid walked away to escape the awful noise.

+1
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by SenorSmiley

I was walkin' down the street earlier and I saw some guy who lied about all the vintage gear that he 'owned', he also thought he was famous in the 80s when he was born in the mid 70s, he was very slow on the uptake and didn't understand how to take jokes.

Anyway, chorus is what you'll hear in quite a few surf songs, I don't know any specific examples off hand but I know that in the live at 1979 Montreux (I probably spelt that wrong, sorry) performance of Shadow Play by Rory Gallagher, his tone is drenched in it.
Just youtube "chorus guitar" or something along those lines and you'll hear it.
Quote by SenorSmiley

Epic Post!!!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I was walkin' down the street earlier and I saw some guy who lied about all the vintage gear that he 'owned', he also thought he was famous in the 80s when he was born in the mid 70s, he was very slow on the uptake and didn't understand how to take jokes.

Anyway, chorus is what you'll hear in quite a few surf songs, I don't know any specific examples off hand but I know that in the live at 1979 Montreux (I probably spelt that wrong, sorry) performance of Shadow Play by Rory Gallagher, his tone is drenched in it.
Just youtube "chorus guitar" or something along those lines and you'll hear it.

Actually, in the style of surf rock, they use vibrato. They are very similar, but chorus has a bit more of a doubling effect.
Okay, lemme rephrase, in surf rock, I've heard chorus used to attempt at recreating that sound
I've heard many modern bands who're attempting the surf sound use chorsu over vibrato, I don't actually see much vibrato used nowadays (before anyone gets pedantic, I mean the effect, not the rapid changing in pitch, or the use of the "vibrato" bar)
Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I liked to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I got pwn3d at GC, yeah

In Lincoln Nebraska, born and raised
In Guitar Centre where I spent most of my days
Chillin',playing riffs all cool
And all shredding some pentatonics
When a a snot face kid
who was up to no good
Startin making trouble in my neighborhood
He pwned me with a solo, and my mom got scared
She said 'You better just shop online at Musicians friend!'
Quote by NecroMaster
Just sit right there

When a a snot face kid
who was up to no good

LMAO that is awesome. Gotta write a riff for that.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Chorus is a must for any guitarist. I only have 3 effects and the chorus is my second favorite.

Depending on the settings you can make it sound watery (Come As You Are is a perfect example) you can make is sound classy, or like an army of 1000 guitarists playing what you are.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by NecroMaster
Just sit right there

When a a snot face kid
who was up to no good

EPIC POST!!
Quote by juniorlbj
Gentlemen...

It's fap time!
Quote by Necrophagist777
LMAO that is awesome. Gotta write a riff for that.

Fresh prince of bel air??
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Quote by SinnaSatan
Fresh prince of bel air??

LOL i just noticed thats what it was.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by NecroMaster
Just sit right there

When a a snot face kid
who was up to no good

hahahaha

Holy crap, man, you win! The whole thing was brilliant but those last lines...
im pretty sure what the chorus pedal does is duplicate the sound and then slightly shifts the duplicates pitch up and down from the note played... so basically one guitar is playing dead on and the other kinda shifts the notes pitch up and down but so slightly that its unnoticable and creats a cool effect
Alright, first off thanks for all the help, I'm now pretty sure I'll be getting a chorus pedal soon. Any specific brands to look for/avoid?

Second off, wow. The entire first part of my post was a JOKE, making fun of the 5 million threads I've seen here telling essentially the same story. I don't go into Guitar Center to be a douche to people. I rarely go into Guitar Center anyways. So, once again, to make clear, JOKE.
Quote by SenorSmiley

Quote by Chrisiphone

+1, I love his playing.
And Chorus is awesome, I've got a really simple one on my Micro Cube and it rocks for playing like Nirvana and some of the softer GN'R songs.
Quote by souperman08
Alright, first off thanks for all the help, I'm now pretty sure I'll be getting a chorus pedal soon. Any specific brands to look for/avoid?

Second off, wow. The entire first part of my post was a JOKE, making fun of the 5 million threads I've seen here telling essentially the same story. I don't go into Guitar Center to be a douche to people. I rarely go into Guitar Center anyways. So, once again, to make clear, JOKE.

i guess sarcasm doesn't travel through the forums even when you put asteriks all over it lol
Pull me under, pull me under
Pull me under, I'm not afraid
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?