Hey,

ive been learning The day that never comes, and the part where it goes

058--058--058--058--058--058--058--058--047--047--047--047--047--0

i can do it easily on the low E string, but i cant get a decent sound on the high string. what am i doing wrong?
Yeah, I have the same problem. If it's on the fat E string, piece of cake. But if it's on the high e string, it's not so easy. I think it has something to do with the way you hammer on and pull off. When you use both of those techniques, I think you bend the string a tiny bit without even knowing. It makes it easy on the fat E string because you have the rest of the fretboard (where ADGBe lay). If you bend just a little bit on the high e string, then the e string goes a bit off the fretboard to the left (for a right handed guitarist), thus losing quality sound when playing.
thats wild
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
Slow it down, make sure every note rings the same, then pick up the pace bit by bit, you'll get it.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Hmm, maybe it's the way you are pulling off. Make sure you arn't just taking your finger off the string, and that you're actually pulling the string so you get the sound.
Or just hammer on harder than you have been doing.
TRANSFORMICE

the 0 has a clear sound (obviously) but the 58 and 47 can barely be heard.... and ill take it out of my sig

EDIT: there is no pull off's .... its 0H5H8 0H5H8
and so on
Quote by Guitar HERO27
the 0 has a clear sound (obviously) but the 58 and 47 can barely be heard.... and ill take it out of my sig

EDIT: there is no pull off's .... its 0H5H8 0H5H8
and so on

Well if you cant hear the 58 and 47 then it just seems to me like you need to hammer harder to get the needed volume.
i've tried doing it REALLY hard.... does how hard i have to hit it depend on how high the string is? cause maybe i just dont have the control to hit it hard enough without missing...
High E goes better than low e for me. Make sure once you picked the string that your pick doesnt hang around the ringing string anymore. It could be that you mute it a tiny bit, killing the ground tone and let the overtones ring (same thing as pinch harmonics, but less). That can result in a thin sharp tone.
It can be that you mute the string a TINY bit when you move the pick back up to take the next down strum. Make sure you keep away from the ringing string!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
maybe its ur high E strings action, is it o high off the fretboard?, u might need to fix that maybe