Hi, I wrote to the store to ask if I could get store credit for my spider III 75. They said no.
However when I bought the amp, it wasn't as digital sounding, and the Red Metal channel has become so bad I can't use it any more. I don't think it's my ears as the Red Metal channel I noticed after a day, now they're all gradually getting more distorted. Do you think I have a case here?
It's your ears.

Sell it to a n00b for 150.

It's the only way.
Quote by imgooley
It's your ears.
Sell it to a n00b for 150.
It's the only way.

The metal channel happened literally over night. I had a linkin park tone dialled in and it sounded exactly like it, next day, grainy, over distorted. I also checked distortion boost wasn't on.
your first mistake was telling them it was more "digital" sounding. You should have just told them the amp was faulty, sounds more like the amd than you being the problem that way.
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
must be defective, mine still sounds great and ive had for a year
hold A as yourn on the power and keeping holding a for 8 seconds this will rest the amp
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Quote by phatsack
your first mistake was telling them it was more "digital" sounding. You should have just told them the amp was faulty, sounds more like the amd than you being the problem that way.

I actually just said "I bought this amp 2 months ago. As good as when I bought it*, can I get store credit"
* I didn't do anything to make it worse =P
Quote by jacobparker
Hi, I wrote to the store to ask if I could get store credit for my spider III 75. They said no.
However when I bought the amp, it wasn't as digital sounding, and the Red Metal channel has become so bad I can't use it any more. I don't think it's my ears as the Red Metal channel I noticed after a day, now they're all gradually getting more distorted. Do you think I have a case here?

I think you finally understand the tone it always had but I wouldn't surprised if its going to crap. Mine is (shoulda listened and not bought it)
Quote by GmacD
must be defective, mine still sounds great and ive had for a year
hold A as yourn on the power and keeping holding a for 8 seconds this will rest the amp

My custom tone bank is full D=
Will it clear them?
Quote by jacobparker
The metal channel happened literally over night. I had a linkin park tone dialled in and it sounded exactly like it, next day, grainy, over distorted. I also checked distortion boost wasn't on.

That's one thing I can attest to from having a Spider II. Every time you turn the damn thing on, it sounds different. The only way you can really keep a sound is to save it to memory...if version 3 still has that feature.

But seriously, buying a Spider was your own fault (and mine at one time!), and the only way you're gunna get rid of it is via noob, the guitar store is well aware how shitty the thing sounds and they're not gunna take it back because of that.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Personally, I would take it back to the store without calling, ask to talk to the manager, and tell him I want to return it.

I hope you saved your receipt.
Quote by imgooley
Personally, I would take it back to the store without calling, ask to talk to the manager, and tell him I want to return it.

I hope you saved your receipt.

Yep. I emailed the store though. It's under 1yr guarantee.
I know what the problem is- you didn't save the preset. Even if you left the knobs in the same place, when you turn it on again it will be stock.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
I know what the problem is- you didn't save the preset. Even if you left the knobs in the same place, when you turn it on again it will be stock.

I did save the pre-set. It worked for a while as well.
Quote by jacobparker

"Dialing" in a LINKIN PARK Tone was your first problem. It made the amp want to kill itself.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
dude, its a spider... what did you expect? that it would give you beautiful tone?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by Necrophagist777
"Dialing" in a LINKIN PARK Tone was your first problem. It made the amp want to kill itself.

I was going to say the same thing.

But take it back in like a week and say theres somthing wrong with it, they'll take it back.

If not, noob is the way out.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
Quote by l3p4rd
I was going to say the same thing.
But take it back in like a week and say theres somthing wrong with it, they'll take it back.
If not, noob is the way out.

And if they replace it, insist on playing the guitar for 1ms, having for 1ms a break so you switch the amp off, then start playing again for a millisecond.
That's how I wish to play my guitar lmao.
Quote by VanTheKraut
dude, its a spider... what did you expect? that it would give you beautiful tone?

Sounded all right in the store...
They probably changed the speakers or something, because mine sounds nothing like it did in the store
Quote by jacobparker
My custom tone bank is full D=
Will it clear them?

yup but it might fix it
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Quote by jacobparker
Sounded all right in the store...
They probably changed the speakers or something, because mine sounds nothing like it did in the store

Nothing has changed. You've always had an awful amp and it just took you longer than most to realize it...

Seriously just sell it used and move on. If you're lucky you can get enough for it to buy an Epi Valve Jr. and a pedal and you'll be worlds happier with your sound.
Quote by Nims
Nothing has changed. You've always had an awful amp and it just took you longer than most to realize it...

Seriously just sell it used and move on. If you're lucky you can get enough for it to buy an Epi Valve Jr. and a pedal and you'll be worlds happier with your sound.

Actually, I was just going to get a POD until I can afford to start a good rig.
Good business plan for a music store let people buy things then return em in 2 months when they want something different no questions asked for a full refund. I bought a new car but it doesnt have that new car smell anymore can I return it for a different one. If its got a electric problem the store is going to tell you to return it for warranty. If it doesnt have any sort of internal issue then your gonna have to eat it.
Quote by Tackleberry
Good business plan for a music store let people buy things then return em in 2 months when they want something different no questions asked for a full refund. I bought a new car but it doesnt have that new car smell anymore can I return it for a different one. If its got a electric problem the store is going to tell you to return it for warranty. If it doesnt have any sort of internal issue then your gonna have to eat it.

Asked for store credit... Please read the thread...
^^^ I did read what you posted. If its broke send it back under warranty. If its not broke and you just dont like it anymore dont think your going to get full store credit for it. Reverse the situation its your store and somebody wants you to take something back 2 months later and take a loss what are YOU going to do. Be a shmuck and take a loss or tell the guy to pound sand?
Quote by Tackleberry
^^^ I did read what you posted. If its broke send it back under warranty. If its not broke and you just dont like it anymore dont think your going to get full store credit for it. Reverse the situation its your store and somebody wants you to take something back 2 months later and take a loss what are YOU going to do. Be a shmuck and take a loss or tell the guy to pound sand?

How is that a loss? They still have £200 in their store.
I don't understand why anybody would purchase a Spider III over a Peavey VYPYR. I guess they don't have them where you live? BEG them to let you trade that for a VYPYR 75 if they have them. Trust me on this.
I emailed them with my problem, and asked for a store credit refund. See how it goes this time...
Quote by jacobparker
I emailed them with my problem, and asked for a store credit refund. See how it goes this time...

Call them if you have to. Getting out of this Spider purchase would be the best thing that could happen to you "amp wise".
Did they have the VYPYR? If you like the Spider III, you'll LOVE the the VYPYR. Sounds much much much more "tubelike". Should be the same price as your Spider III 75 was too.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Call them if you have to. Getting out of this Spider purchase would be the best thing that could happen to you "amp wise".
Did they have the VYPYR? If you like the Spider III, you'll LOVE the the VYPYR. Sounds much much much more "tubelike". Should be the same price as your Spider III 75 was too.

Like I said, getting a POD instead. I don't really need an amp as I don't play live.
Quote by jacobparker
How is that a loss? They still have £200 in their store.

And what exactly are they supposed to do with the second hand amp that has replaced the new one they sold you?

I hope for your sake that you never run your own business.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
even if you return it faulty chances are they will either send it to get fixed or replace it with a new one, i know when i got an avt150 and it broke after 4 days i took it back to the shop, they sent it to get fixed and while waiting i decided found out the dsl401 was the same price from another shop so i got a refund for the avt because it was less thatn 28 days, it would have to be a realy nice person in the shop to let you swap it for something else after 2 months instead or giving you a replacement
Quote by steven seagull
And what exactly are they supposed to do with the second hand amp that has replaced the new one they sold you?

Do what Guitar Center does, put it right back on the shelf.
No, but seriously, I think I kinda agree with you. I didn't realize it had been
two months. Skimming FTL. No shop around here would even give you store
credit after two months.
You can get way more off ebay then store credit.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

I'm sorry, the Vypyr isn't the answer to ever frigging thread. Please people. He bought it two months ago. The Vypyr probably didn't even hit the shelves yet. Sheesh.
Quote by gregs1020
I'm sorry, the Vypyr isn't the answer to ever frigging thread. Please people. He bought it two months ago. The Vypyr probably didn't even hit the shelves yet. Sheesh.

If it's not, it should be. Obviously you've never played through one yet, and I've had my Vypyr for two months now.
Last edited by TheEsupremacy at Sep 26, 2008,
Vypyr has become the new Valveking of this board. It will join the ranks of the chosen, with metal muff, tube combo and vintage 30.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
If it's not, it should be. Obviously you've never played through one yet, and I've had my Vypyr for two months now.

Prove it, sell your 6505...

I plan on playing through one, but I don't expect *insert religious figure here* to be reincarnated by my doing so.

I have seen the clips on Youtube, and realize they can be very misleading. I asked my local shop when they will have them, next week was the answer. So I look forward to playing side by side with a Cube and a Vox AD.

But if it is the answer. Sell me the 6505 for $500. Deal?

Edit: So Bart, one day it could make Gabel's sig? LOL
Last edited by gregs1020 at Sep 26, 2008,