Ive been playing a month now and i know i may sound inpatient but i still can't change between chords fast enough. Im also finding it hard to know when to change chord ( hard to explain ) with the rhythm. When you change from chord to chord do you strum between changes ? Dunno im confusing myself now.
Keep practising, make sure your using the fingering that is easiest to use when switching the chords, use your ear to know when ot change chords.
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
dude it depends how many hours you are putting in. When i started i dedicated 6-8hours a day to try and get better. And it did work. To help with rhythm make sure u learn songs you know confidently (you can imagine what that sound like/ the timing of in your head) then u will get rhythm. Also don't go straight into barre chords, just stick to the basic opens until u get them down comfortably. And finally don't stretch yourself. Luckily when i started playing my main influence was green day and MCR which are pretty straight forward. Hope that has helped. Let me know how you get on
Quote by davidskan1
Ive been playing a month now and i know i may sound inpatient but i still can't change between chords fast enough. Im also finding it hard to know when to change chord ( hard to explain ) with the rhythm. When you change from chord to chord do you strum between changes ? Dunno im confusing myself now.

Not unless it's specified in the song usually.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah, you've only been playing a month, keep at it. It's just one of those things that takes practice, it took me about 3 months to be able to fluidly transition between basic open chords. However, don't use that as a litmus test. Everone progresses differently. Somthing that takes someone only a couple weeks might take you a month, or vice versa. Steady practice will resolve the problem, but don't be in a rush. Guitar is a lifelong journey, and it's not a race. As long as you put in the practice, you'll get it.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
When i first started changing chords I found i was taking some time, pretty much one finger at a time as quickly as i can. example changing to a c Chord i would put down the index finger first on the B string, then the middle on the D and then then finally the ring on the A. But it wasn't smooth. Picking the right finger down first helped me.

When changing to a C try and put the middle down first before the index and ring. After a little while all three will pop down on the strings at the same time.

Same with a lot of the other basics. With the G, put the pinky-ring down on the B-E string(s) (depends how you play your G)

And so on and so on.. Unison comes pretty quickly.

Whilst i have the chords down Im still not happy with my strumming which is why im bumping that bad boy strumming thread of mine again for help.
Here's my advice. Learn the song 'hotel california' by the eagles. Learn the basic chord transition. It goes like this Am-E-G-D-F-C-Dm-E. If you don't know these chords, go look them up. Then, while practicing, strum the chords and switch slowly. Just focus on making each chord sound right. Once you can do that, and transition smoothly from chord to chord, then you can work on doing it a little faster. Eventually, you'll be able to switch chords as fast as you want. Just practice. Hope that was helpful.