i need that squeky overtone sound of my guitar. i know i have to do something with the pick but i don't know what. If you don't know what i mean in the new song of slipknot psychosocial they do that squeky tones in the intro. please help me
theres tons of videos on youtube of how to do them. just search pinch harmonics. It's pretty simple.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
choke up on your pick so your thumb hits your string while you pluck. practice. use lots of gain with your bridge pickup. practice. don't turn your mids down too much. practice.
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
Quote by Necrophagist777
theres tons of videos on youtube of how to do them. just search pinch harmonics. It's pretty simple.

haha your location made me lol
Sig space available, give me some praise
Probably pinch harmonics since that's what Zakk Wylde uses to get that squealing noise.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Quote by ross1234
haha your location made me lol

LOL thanx. I'm addicted to pinches, i can't help it. It makes chicks take their tops off and emo's pass out.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
thank you guys i have a metal band and i can't make this noise thats pretty emberassing for me thx
Quote by roland.W.
thank you guys i have a metal band and i can't make this noise thats pretty emberassing for me thx

Just keep working on it, biggest thing that helped me is just to hit that string hard. Don't be a baby about it. Watch Zakk Wylde, he wails the hell out of the string on pinches.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Slicer666
yea, hit m hard, usually works

is that supposed to be sarcastic? lol it does make a difference. if you hit it really hard you can get away with a little too much thumb striking the string.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
This is kinda weird, but i found another easier way to do them. if you rest your playing finger on the string of the fret and strum first then push down a split second after, you can get the same effect, but it is hard to get the timing for first. It works pretty well for me, i dont know if anyone else can do it like that though.
Quote by /Tim\
This is kinda weird, but i found another easier way to do them. if you rest your playing finger on the string of the fret and strum first then push down a split second after, you can get the same effect, but it is hard to get the timing for first. It works pretty well for me, i dont know if anyone else can do it like that though.

you can do it that way, but you shouldn't. You won't be able to fit them into riffs easily and they won't have near the hellacious scream that doing them correctly with some serious vibrato will have.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra