Page 1 of 6
Well it's bow season here in northern Ohio, anyone here do any hunting?

To be honest, I have never went hunting. But I REALLY want to this year. I am motivated, I am equipped, and I'm ready. I'd love to get a deer, nothin better then a deer burger...

I am however going squirrel hunting this saturday. So...

Discuss.
Good luck man!! Tell us how the Deer burger is if you get one!!
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Go Quail hunting.

Don't "accidentally" shoot anyone in the face though. I've heard that's a common mistake....
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
dude, make sure to practice with that bow before you go, bowhunting's hard as sh*t... i gave up and now use a shotgun
Quote by andy_thomas
Go Quail hunting.

Don't "accidentally" shoot anyone in the face though. I've heard that's a common mistake....

mr dick chenney?

Quote by SZ320man
dude, make sure to practice with that bow before you go, bowhunting's hard as sh*t... i gave up and now use a shotgun

<--- ever notice he never fires the right hand gun?
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

****in yanks... 'oh Im so pumped to shoot an animal in the face!!'
if you can kill a bear with a hunting knife, ur alowed to hunt, if you're gunna sit in a deer blind a pop a deer from a hundred feet away, ur a pussy, and I hope you get crushed by a tree
that is all
Band: When Earth Sleeps (myspace.com/whenearthsleeps)
Guitar: American Standard Strat HSS
Head: Line6 SpiderII HD75
Cab: Randal 4-12
Quote by Hawkwing_21
if you can kill a bear with a hunting knife, ur alowed to hunt, if you're gunna sit in a deer blind a pop a deer from a hundred feet away, ur a pussy, and I hope you get crushed by a tree
that is all

+100,000,000,000
Nothing like shooting dear.

I love hunting. It's the moose though that are hard to get, especially with small guns, you gotta shoot the bastards about 8 times in the head.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
Nothing like shooting dear.

I love hunting. It's the moose though that are hard to get, especially with small guns, you gotta shoot the bastards about 8 times in the head.

well I guess I should'nt be shocked that you cant even spell 'Deer' right eh?
Band: When Earth Sleeps (myspace.com/whenearthsleeps)
Guitar: American Standard Strat HSS
Head: Line6 SpiderII HD75
Cab: Randal 4-12
Meat is MURDER!!!

But its still delicious. Make deer jerky, its the best.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Hawkwing_21
well I guess I should'nt be shocked that you cant even spell 'Deer' right eh?

Eh? One letter, no big deal. You shouldn't be lecturing me on spelling mistakes when you yourself don't know that "should'nt" isn't the proper contraction. Let us ignore the fact that "deer" isn't capitalized either.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Oh sorry, I didn't specify... I'm not bow hunting, that shit is too complicated for me. Give me a rifle with a scope and some ammo I'm good.

I THINK its only bow season for deer. I'll have to check.
If you're going to do any bloody squirrel hunting go kill some of the stupid grey squirrels out of our country.

Otherwise - hunting is bad kids mmmkay.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Hawkwing_21
that is all

Oh boy, another one of you. Look, it doesn't make it more ethical to eat meat that has been killed by another person, let alone a slaughterhouse. Unless you're a vegetarian, in which case you're a douche. Come on over to so. indiana, the deer population is so bad, there are at least 5 serious accidents a week just in our county... population control my friend

btw, I aim for the heart
Quote by SZ320man
Oh boy, another one of you. Look, it doesn't make it more ethical to eat meat that has been killed by another person, let alone a slaughterhouse. Unless you're a vegetarian, in which case you're a douche. Come on over to so. indiana, the deer population is so bad, there are at least 5 serious accidents a week just in our county... population control my friend

btw, I aim for the heart

Well done, you've successfully proved that you can:

A) think like a neanderthal
and
B) be stupid enough to try to stop someone else from having an opinion

Even if there was a problem with population of deer, there would be officials to take care of that for you. It's not upto the jolly public to just go and shoot anything that moves because they can.

Thanks to people hunting in the past we've successfully killed off a few species that our generation's children can now only see in photographs.

Get your head out of your bumbum.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by SZ320man

btw, I aim for the heart

Oh but of course. I'm scheduling some Human population control soon and I've added you to my list.
I haven't been bow hunting in a long time but I hunt with rifles almost every year.

and come on guys don't turn this into a flame war of if it's right or wrong some people like to hunt (like me) and others don't everybody has an opinion but don't get this closed cause someone doesn't think hunting is right it's not for you then so don't post!
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Ziggums
Oh but of course. I'm scheduling some Human population control soon and I've added you to my list.

Quote by Bostonrocks
I haven't been bow hunting in a long time but I hunt with rifles almost every year.

and come on guys don't turn this into a flame war of if it's right or wrong some people like to hunt (like me) and others don't everybody has an opinion but don't get this closed cause someone doesn't think hunting is right it's not for you then so don't post!

If you post a thread about hunting you can expect people to have their say. People should indeed have their rights to express their opinions, including those opposed to it.

It'll probably be part of my job eventually to get across messages about animals and nature and how you shouldn't bloody well be hunting. This is my early start.
Quote by SteveHouse
I'd definitely like to go hunting one day. What's the difference between me greasing Bambie for food or a pack of wolves devouring it? Technology, that's all.
I'm not trying to turn this into a flame war but in my opinion hunting for sport is just plain wrong. You can moan about tradition and about how those damned Deer burgers taste so good with Ketchup but you're not convincing anyone

Quote by Trefellin
I'd definitely like to go hunting one day. What's the difference between me greasing Bambie for food or a pack of wolves devouring it? Technology, that's all.

No, the difference is that a Pack of wolves NEED to hunt to survive. You don't.
Quote by Trefellin

You don't need to eat the deer to survive. You have other means. Ah and for goodness sake it's Bambi.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Well done, you've successfully proved that you can:

A) think like a neanderthal
and
B) be stupid enough to try to stop someone else from having an opinion

Even if there was a problem with population of deer, there would be officials to take care of that for you. It's not upto the jolly public to just go and shoot anything that moves because they can.
Thanks to people hunting in the past we've successfully killed off a few species that our generation's children can now only see in photographs.

Get your head out of your bumbum.

Ok, I take back the veg. comment, to each their own. But wow, good job on expressing your ignorance about hunting. You see, it IS up to the jolly public to control the population problem here, which we DO HAVE. Otherwise the DNR (dpt. natural resources) wouldn't regulate hunting season. We have bag limits, and season start and stop dates. So, we're not so ignorant as to hunt a species into extinction. I'm 100% serious when I tell you it's so dangerous around here, you can hardly get motorcycle insurance due to the sheer number of serious or fatal crashes. There are more deer-related accidents around here than alcohol, drugs, weather combined. About twice as much. So before you get all holier than thou on me, take a minute to think outside the box. Thank you.
there is nothing wrong with hunting still you do know that if we didn't hunt whitetail deer they would over populate and get horrible diesies (sorry about the spelling there) that is bad for other animals that eat the deer and it would just spread and kill off more lots of other animals.

and God put them here for us to eat (I'm a chirstian)
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

If you post a thread about hunting you can expect people to have their say. People should indeed have their rights to express their opinions, including those opposed to it.

It'll probably be part of my job eventually to get across messages about animals and nature and how you shouldn't bloody well be hunting. This is my early start.

Fail. Unless people are eradicating an entire race, or hunting for no reason whatsoever, hunting is completely normal. And absolutely natural.

I have the utmost respect for nature. That includes humans. Who would never have survived without hunting.

BTW TS, how are you gonna get them squirells? Traps or shooting?
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by SZ320man
Ok, I take back the veg. comment, to each their own. But wow, good job on expressing your ignorance about hunting. You see, it IS up to the jolly public to control the population problem here, which we DO HAVE. Otherwise the DNR (dpt. natural resources) wouldn't regulate hunting season. We have bag limits, and season start and stop dates. So, we're not so ignorant as to hunt a species into extinction. I'm 100% serious when I tell you it's so dangerous around here, you can hardly get motorcycle insurance due to the sheer number of serious or fatal crashes. There are more deer-related accidents around here than alcohol, drugs, weather combined. About twice as much. So before you get all holier than thou on me, take a minute to think outside the box. Thank you.

No, the thing is people are told when to control the population of deer, and it's generally a few select people that know what they're doing. Don't try to tell me how ignorant I am, I'm training to work with Wildlife, and I'm learning about population control.
People have been going about killing deer and not knowing that they've been killing the wrong species of deer, so don't even get me started.

Maybe it's different for you over there but i'm fairly certain it's not like that here.
Quote by SteveHouse
squirells are fun to shoot you ought to try it some day (that wasn't meant as derogitory or sarcastic they are great target practice and don't taste to bad if you cook em right)
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
No, the thing is people are told when to control the population of deer, and it's generally a few select people that know what they're doing. Don't try to tell me how ignorant I am, I'm training to work with Wildlife, and I'm learning about population control.
People have been going about killing deer and not knowing that they've been killing the wrong species of deer, so don't even get me started.

Maybe it's different for you over there but i'm fairly certain it's not like that here.

Indeed. Watching a show (Lol) yesterday where poachers were hunting a Herd of deer that was originally 400 strong down to about 50. turns out 2 of them were licensed to cull the population but simply took it Way too far and even had non licensed guys help them out.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Ah and for goodness sake it's Bambi.

Sorry, I've never seen the movie.

I'd like to know how and be able to get food own food if I ever have to.

What do you mean by "It'll probably be part of my job eventually to get across messages about animals and nature and how you shouldn't bloody well be hunting" anyway?
Quote by Ziggums
Indeed. Watching a show (Lol) yesterday where poachers were hunting a Herd of deer that was originally 400 strong down to about 50. turns out 2 of them were licensed to cull the population but simply took it Way too far and even had non licensed guys help them out.

It happened with Buffalo in America. At least I believe it was Buffalo.... some sort of similar animal

But yeah the numbers went down quick. It's more acceptable when you've got a license to cull, but I still don't like it either way. People get far too carried away.

Quote by Trefellin
Sorry, I've never seen the movie.

I'd like to know how and be able to get food own food if I ever have to.

What do you mean by "It'll probably be part of my job eventually to get across messages about animals and nature and how you shouldn't bloody well be hunting" anyway?

S'alright, I'm just fussy

Well yeah I suppose if you absolutely HAD to, but why start now? And in such large quantities

Ah and by that I mean I've started a degree course in Wildlife Photography.
Quote by SteveHouse
Reva it's usually whitetail and we have a LOT of them in the midwest/northern states Ie. Mississippi,Minnesota places like that
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
in the us it is in fact up to the public,
what do you guys have? highly trained deer mercenaries?
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Ah, resorting to "you're killing Bambi!"

Emotive arguments designed to bypass logic.
Quote by ShredGod George
in the us it is in fact up to the public,
what do you guys have? highly trained deer mercenaries?

Sigged
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
Reva it's usually whitetail and we have a LOT of them in the midwest/northern states Ie. Mississippi,Minnesota places like that

I imagine there are some people who would just go "LOOK A DEER" and aim for anything though. Or people who generally try to go hunt the biggest deer they can see to prove how awesome they are. Culling is necessary, poaching is not D:
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by smb
Ah, resorting to "you're killing Bambi!"

Emotive arguments designed to bypass logic.

Actually, I'm for hunting and I brought it up. I've always hated the little fucker.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I imagine there are some people who would just go "LOOK A DEER" and aim for anything though. Or people who generally try to go hunt the biggest deer they can see to prove how awesome they are. Culling is necessary, poaching is not D:

ok now I get where we are going I completley agree Poaching is WRONG.

I still like venison. I do hunt for sport, I don't just let the deer lie there though, if I don't eat it I give it to someone
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era