Im gonna try busking, probably i will play some acoustic foo fighters, som acoustic buckethead songs, some jason mraz and such, BUT.....Is it really worth it?
How much have you earned when busking? Im 14 years btw, my mom says people like when there are young people busking
Yeah, don't catch AIDS, though.

It's worth it.

Playing on the street, not AIDS
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
i got 5p and i played a pink floyd song, can't remember which but i played rather good..at least i thought so
Sig space available, give me some praise
yah, make sure u know u have some talent...dont be one of those guys out there annoying the sh** outta everyone.
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Quote by ross1234
i got 5p and i played a pink floyd song, can't remember which but i played rather good..at least i thought so

You got 5p by playing a pink floyd song once! or many times?
Is your mom trying to make you work in child labor?
There's no definite amount you can get from busking.
You might get a decent amount of money or almost nothing.
I made like 30 bucks once playing sweet home alabama
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I'd do it... if I had good instruments for it... and talent... and friends to play with...
Quote by Bair
yah, make sure u know u have some talent...dont be one of those guys out there annoying the sh** outta everyone.

Im alot better than other dudes ive seen on the streets
Quote by Bair

Although if he doesn't have insane talent, he could just play an acoustic and strum and hum. The ol' strum'n'hum never fails. People aren't looking for insane br00tal shredding powers on the street. They're probably just looking for good music.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
There's this guy in the city where I live makes about €20 and hour and stays for a good few hours before the shops close. He's awesome.

If you do try and busk, just make sure you don't get into any trouble with local crime or stuff like that.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
im planning to try this weekend
the only problem is that if someone from my school sees me.... is that embarrasing or cool?
depends were you go
if your out side a buisy tube station between 7and 9 you might make alot but if its in the middle of the moon your gonna get nothing
QUOTE=HappyDrugs]Spectator mode.

Quote by Daneeka
Oh God, this is the fastest win i have ever seen.

I think the mods can't bare with your epicness and banned you.

Let's blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
There's this one guy who goes outside a bunch of the major shows, every time there is one, and plays the songs of the bands that were performing.

After the Iron Maiden show, he was outside Rexall Place playing Maiden songs. After Judas Priest, he was outside playing Priest songs.

But, yeah, I say go for it. I'm also 14, and have been planning on doing that. Like dgme92 said, try not to get into any troubles/hassles with local crime/gangs/etc.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Quote by Jonny B0Y
depends were you go
if your out side a buisy tube station between 7and 9 you might make alot but if its in the middle of the moon your gonna get nothing

do you mean 7-9 in the morning or evenning?
Does anybody know the laws for playing in public in the UK? I've read that you don't need a license if you're playing with an un-amped instrument, but if you're using an amp, you do.

Can anybody clarify?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
the amount of money you make depends on where you go/ what time of day/ how good you are/ how cute/helpless you look..

Obviously more people = more money

Try to find a place that has a relatively high amount of people passing through, but try to choose a place where the people passing through aren't in a rush. (so not the subway station at rush hour/when everyones coming home from or going to work). More like sometime in the afternoon on a weekend, or after dinner time. Then people have a chance to actually stop and hear what you're playing for a little bit, then maybe give you some money.

But really, don't do it because you want it to be worth the money, do it because it's worth the experience.
morning could be good, while people are waiting just on a bench or a bus shelter for their bus/train

and do you live in canada?
every year they do something called
:buskerfest" its when all the best buskerers(sp.?) get together and busk!
Quote by brandon369852
BW==D
B=W=D
B==WD~~~

^Fap.

Quote by ADCME
I use those bread bag clips as ninja stars, i once hit a Jehovahs witnesses guy on the head with one.

I squinted my eyes and said "Where is your god now"

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: capn crayola
Quote by leafsfan012
morning could be good, while people are waiting just on a bench or a bus shelter for their bus/train

and do you live in canada?
every year they do something called
:buskerfest" its when all the best buskerers(sp.?) get together and busk!

I live in swe, and im planning to busk in the center of the town ( i live in the second biggest town in the country )
^they had that when I was in Scotland, too. It was called something different, though.

It was pretty sweet, nonetheless.

but as for 'should I go in the morning?', it kind of depends where you are.
If you're at a bus stop/ on the platform of the subway, then I'd say go, because people are waiting for busses/trains, so can give a listen, but if you just go out on the sidewalk at a normally busy area, you'll just get a bunch of rushed people on their way to work/school.
Quote by BucketheadX
You got 5p by playing a pink floyd song once! or many times?

me and a friend only played the one song got 5p and we were told to move

it was years ago and i can't for the life of me remember which one it was...im gonna be trying to remember for ages now

but yeah when you're young and busking people just think you're an idiot but if you're a 30 year old bum then you'll get money. bring a dog and a sleeping bag and you might have some luck
Sig space available, give me some praise
im planning to do it in a giant shoppingcenter, where there walks like ten thousands of people everyday.
Quote by BucketheadX
im planning to do it in a giant shoppingcenter, where there walks like ten thousands of people everyday.

If they give you a dollar each, think of how rich you'll be.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
If they give you a dollar each, think of how rich you'll be.

Haha, if only that could hapen
If you live in the US, it probably would be a waste of time.
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.