Page 1 of 3
Alright, I'm guessing this won't get off it's feet, but I thought we could give it a shot.

Anyone from anywhere could come, along as we all made it. It could be in Bath, Taunton or Bristol or something. Who knows!

Is there anyone local who would actually be up for this?

Or a drink? General browse?

Let's give it a lot.

EDIT:

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/somersetmeet/

Join the group.
Last edited by Craigo at Oct 5, 2008,
Sounds like it could be good if it got going. I'm not too well known, but I'd probs make an appearance if it happened.

How about the new cabots circus in bristol for a possible meet up place. It opened today.
TRANSFORMICE

Cabots circus? It's a new shopping complex. It's 30 acres apperently, and it's got shops, cinema, pubs, hotel and loads of stuff. Haven't been there yet, but it looks interesting.
TRANSFORMICE

Quote by tallicafan888
Cabots circus? It's a new shopping complex. It's 30 acres apperently, and it's got shops, cinema, pubs, hotel and loads of stuff. Haven't been there yet, but it looks interesting.

Ohh yeahhhhhhh. Good call.

I still prefer the name Merchants Quarter. Fuck the anti-racist backlash
Bristol. Damn. That's a way away. I'd love to go to a UG meet, but there are no UGers in the valleys dammit!! Actually, I'm not too sure how far Bristol is. . . .I'll have too find out . . . I never have anything better to do.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by bob farrell
Bristol. Damn. That's a way away. I'd love to go to a UG meet, but there are no UGers in the valleys dammit!! Actually, I'm not too sure how far Bristol is. . . .I'll have too find out . . . I never have anything better to do.

Wouldn't be worth it I'm afraid. I'd hold onto your money unless you were planning to crash somewhere.

Why not try a Welsh one?
BATH BATH BATH BATH BATH BATH!

That means I can walk to it. I'm not too sure how well this would go, about four UGers come from the South West.

Anyway, we could all go and get drunk and headbang in The Porter Butt; Raging Speedhorn are playing there on the 31st.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
BATH BATH BATH BATH BATH BATH!

That means I can walk to it. I'm not too sure how well this would go, about four UGers come from the South West.

Anyway, we could all go and get drunk and headbang in The Porter Butt; Raging Speedhorn are playing there on the 31st.

This month? Depends if we get enough people.

Train ain't too pricey to other places either though and we could find a good gig in Bristol or something.
I live in Wiltshire!

Only problem is I have no money and I can't drive.

I would love to go though.
Empty Space
Quote by Craigo
This month? Depends if we get enough people.

Train ain't too pricey to other places either though and we could find a good gig in Bristol or something.

The Speedhor show is on Halloween, in a dingy dive in Bath, great venue. Or, on my birthday - 16th - there's a great thrash show in the Bristol Bierkeller, or we could go and see Opeth in November in Bristol. For once, the South West has a semi decent line up of shows.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by gooey moo
I live in Wiltshire!

Only problem is I have no money and I can't drive.

I would love to go though.

Good point, maybe you could blag a lift of someone else driving up or something.
Quote by Craigo
Good point, maybe you could blag a lift of someone else driving up or something.

I would if anybody is going from Wiltshire.
Empty Space
Quote by freddaahh
The Speedhor show is on Halloween, in a dingy dive in Bath, great venue. Or, on my birthday - 16th - there's a great thrash show in the Bristol Bierkeller, or we could go and see Opeth in November in Bristol. For once, the South West has a semi decent line up of shows.

I do like my thrash by the way.

16th is a possiblity for me, Halloween is not.

We also need to set out days. Saturdays are not an option unless we make it a night. Fridays are not an option, and Thursday I have nothing usually planned (no college).

We could plan something in half term.
I'd be up for it, I can get a train to any of those places.

EDIT: Yea, make a group, 'tis easier.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Quote by Craigo
Where you from dude?

Near Yeovil.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Quote by wiggyisgreat
How about come to Dorset and you can all crash at mine?

This, all UG meets should take place in Poole tbh. Even the American ones.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by Encyclopedia
Near Yeovil.

Quite the while then.

If you can get the train over and crash somewhere or something, or just come out for the day, and see what happens.

It's a shame I'm the only one here of drinking age.
Quote by Craigo
Quite the while then.

If you can get the train over and crash somewhere or something, or just come out for the day, and see what happens.

It's a shame I'm the only one here of drinking age.
Not enough old people on UG, that's the problem. And yea, I have a mate I haven't seen for a while in Bristol so I could drop in at his if needs be.
Quote by Slinov
haha. Guess who's supplying the booze then craig?

Ale for all?

I think so

EDIT: I'm currently drinking at the moment. I cannot be held accountable for anything I say from this point onwards.
Quote by Slinov
Yes you can.

A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts.

Sometimes.

Remember when I started shouting at Dave's party that I missed and loved Alice?

Then again I had also admitted that I liked her when I actually did like her drunk round Dave's
Ahh ha, looks like this is coming along

Btw, I am also of drinking age.
TRANSFORMICE

Quote by rorythefaggot
This, all UG meets should take place in Poole tbh. Even the American ones.

P-Poole? But Poole is a shithole. Come to Bath, bitches.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
I live just outside Bristol, just tell me when and where
The Prime Factorisation of the number of the beast : 2x3x3x37
Page 1 of 3