Page 1 of 2

3 people, 1 car, 8000 miles, 25 days, and about 2 grand each.
It's going down June 2010.

Anybody got any tips for making a good roadtrip?
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Yeah. Go to europe instead (no offense to americans or anything, but you'll find europe so much more varying in every sense)
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
It won't happen.
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Dude, you skipped Ontario!

Well **** you too!
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
imo it will be too long and you won't have enough time
I r Pirate!
honestly it seems kinda shitty, i agree with kensai, go to europe instead. obviously every city has something different to offer, but when they're all american cities it will get a bit boring i think. nut hey, its the compnay that matters i suppose

EDIY: oh, and get firefox
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by Kensai
Yeah. Go to europe instead (no offense to americans or anything, but you'll find europe so much more varying in every sense)

That was our other option, but it would have cot at least twice as much.

Quote by duke_lion
imo it will be too long and you won't have enough time

We're all taking a month out of summer before senior year (of college), so we'll have plenty of time.
Quote by handbanana
Sounds fun.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
well you've make the good choice by not going to Ontario ( it sucks )
but realy ask yourself if this is enough of time, also , don't forget to watch the weather channel before taking the road
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Sweeeeet.
?
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
...why does it say '5 days 11 hours'?

..and put my vote down for 'it won't happen'

although I agree, I found Europe more fun than any amount of travelling I've done in North America..
yeah 2010 is a long time away....anyways, it looks liek your driving through right where i live in virginia. near the richmond area.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by Kensai

I support this 110% , you already know america , come to Europe
Why Saskatchewan? I've never heard of any big things there, but I guess it'd be nice to drive across there.

But yeah, Europe pwns US in the bum long time for scenery and good stuff to see.

Just go to Belgium and then just hop on a train and all the countries are within an hours distance basically.

EDIT- oh man oh man... I just remembered that Lewis Black skit where he talks about improving the economy in states by just putting a "big ****ing thing" and then all the tourists would pay to see the "big ****ing thing" and it'd solve all of Mississippi's problems.
Last edited by guitarkid2113 at Sep 25, 2008,
Go to Europe, most of the chicks there are hot Well, in Eastern Europe anyway.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Quote by guitarkid2113
Why Saskatchewan? I've never heard of any big things there, but I guess it'd be nice to drive across there.

But yeah, Europe pwns US in the bum long time for scenery and good stuff to see.

Just go to Belgium and then just hop on a train and all the countries are within an hours distance basically.

Davos to Stelvio (Stelvio Pass) = Best driving road in the world!!!
Quote by af_the_fragile
Davos to Stelvio (Stelvio Pass) = Best driving road in the world!!!

Oh... well then, just omit my ignorant post then.

Wait, Stelvio Pass is in Italy not Saskatchewan?
I'm willing to bet that you guys won't make it halfway through.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
10$ Says you stop in my hometown to piss. You're gonna pass right through Valdosta, GA.
i think backpacking through europe would be infinitely more enjoyable and definitely worth the price difference. besides, gas isn't exactly cheap for road trips. and if i were you, i would add new orleans and either memphis or nashville while you're in the south. they have some awesome street music most of the time.

also, your path looks like a giant goldfish O_o
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
^plan to do that one of these summers too...
It'ld be cooler to go on a road trip across europe too. South of France is beautiful!!

Quote by guitarkid2113
Oh... well then, just omit my ignorant post then.

Wait, Stelvio Pass is in Italy not Saskatchewan?

yes yes yes...!!

European roads pwn american roads cuz they're not mile wide with no bends.
They're narrow 2 lane roads over looking huge mountains and enormous valley drops with hardly any straights!!
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Sep 25, 2008,
We were considering New Orleans,
also in case you were wondering
H is The Mall of America - is this worth going to? Its on the way.
I is Mianus Conecticut - yeah...

People keep bringing up Ontario, is it worth the drive?

Quote by af_the_fragile

European roads pwn american roads cuz they're not mile wide with no bends.
They're narrow 2 lane roads over looking huge mountains and enormous valley drops with hardly any straights!!

Thats what the drive through Canada is for.
How bad are the traffic cops in Canada?
Quote by handbanana
Last edited by wiliscool at Sep 25, 2008,
i say get more money, like maybe 4k each. gas will be a bitch and its a bunch of college students, your going to need hookers.
Quote by caskettheclown
i say get more money, like maybe 4k each. gas will be a bitch and its a bunch of college students, your going to need hookers.

I like your thinking

Really though, we're going to Vegas for the free booze and the free buffets
Quote by handbanana
oh and get a bangin stereo system to blast the bangin hookers out of the car when you have to get them out.
nothin says GTFO like blasting I CUM BLOOD at a jillion watts
Only a day in Vegas?
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
Yer, If you do europe don't do roadtrip by car, because of american driving license and car renting would be a bitch(i don't think u can take a rented car outside of a country, which means u can't do that). Also gas prices in europe are sickly higher then us.

If you come here meet me up in Amsterdam. Going by train through europe is way better, and doing ur american route in 28 days is like just driving all the time, without enjoying the trip itself.

Oh and u can't get through all of europe in 1 hour with the train. u can get too any country in 1 day though.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Yeah, we're taking my car and I've got a decent system.
And by decent I mean its Monsoon
Pontiac FTW
Quote by handbanana
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Yer, If you do europe don't do roadtrip by car, because of american driving license and car renting would be a bitch(i don't think u can take a rented car outside of a country, which means u can't do that). Also gas prices in europe are sickly higher then us.

If you come here meet me up in Amsterdam. Going by train through europe is way better, and doing ur american route in 28 days is like just driving all the time, without enjoying the trip itself.

Oh and u can't get through all of europe in 1 hour with the train. u can get too any country in 1 day though.

Nah, I didn't mean that you could get to ALL of the countries in an hour, I meant one country in one hour/couple of hours basically.
Quote by rickmeister
Only a day in Vegas?

No, the secret to our success will be that we won't need to get a hotel anywhere.
See, with three guys, we'll rotate driving in shifts of 8 hours each.
When we get somewhere, we won't sleep except for one guy for the last 8 hours of each city.
Then the other 2 guys can sleep in the car. We'll take showers at truck stops.
We probably will break down and hit a hotel at some point though
Quote by handbanana
Page 1 of 2