Poll: Which cab
Poll Options
View poll results: Which cab
RBH series
3 20%
Neo series
12 80%
Voters: 15.
I'm getting the GK amp, the dbx compressor, and the schecter bass, but now I wanna know about a cabinet. I'm getting a 4x10 Gallien Krueger, no doubt, but would a Neo 410 or RBH 410 sound better with the amp?
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
if you want a more modern sound get the neo
if you want a aggressive punchy sound get the RBH
Which is better for a smooth but aggressive sound? And can you define a modern sound?
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Which is better for a smooth but aggressive sound? And can you define a modern sound?
The RBH is better for a smoot but aggressive sound and modern is like Justin Chancellor's tone from Tool, or like Muse, Rush, or Duff McKagan's tone from Velvet Revolver's first CD. Those 4 tones aren't your typical or "old-fashioned" bass tones.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
Think the Neo can do smooth if it has to? I do love Justin's tone, but I'm also big on Mudvayne and I like Hillsong's bass sound.

I also like a lot of low end.
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Last edited by Cody_Grey102 at Sep 25, 2008,
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Think the Neo can do smooth if it has to? I do love Justin's tone, but I'm also big on Mudvayne and I like Hillsong's bass sound.

Yes, GK's are very transparent so it can do smooth if it has to and *takes a look at GK Neo cabs on musiciansfriend* if you get any of the neo cabs that isn't the 2x10 then you should have a plentiful amount of low end.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
Quote by Cody_Grey102

Haha, props on liking JC, Mudvayne, AND Hillsong United. Versatile tastes are something I respect.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Great, this is what I want then. I'm gonna start saving for this rig, I can upgrade from the 700rb to the 1001rb with the money saved on the cab

It'll take a while to save for the head, cab, compressor, and bass, but it'll be worth it.

Thanks everyone for having so much patience with me over the past couple of weeks. Thanks to everyone for all the advice.
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410