i have this really cool idea for a Fuzzbox (i say cool, you say cheesey).
where can i get a good fuzz kit. i want to get a really thick, wooley fuzz. not a thin, brittle sounding one. more like jimi or clapton. i was thinking of getting the ESV fuzz from BYOC, but some poeple have been saying bad things about it.

so, what fuzz kits do y'all recommend?
Attachments:
Fuzzbawks.jpg
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Try the Jordan Bosstone. Its pretty fat sounding. Double the size of the input and output caps and its downright awesome (to me anyway).
i was looking for more of a Fuzz Kit, not just schematics. i'm not very good at starting from scratch, i was wondering if anyone besides BYOC had fuzz kits with the PCP layout, electronic components and some detailed instructions.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Get yourself a bread board and a bunch of assorted silicon and germanium transistors (the weirded they look the better) and build a Fuzz Face. From there tweak the transistors and the few other parts (3 caps and 4 resistors). Tweak it till you have an awesome fuzz.

Almost all fuzzes are derived from the Fuzz Face. Its a classic two stage design with an emitter follower voltage feedback loop that is constantly used in fuzzes. You cant go wrong.
if you want a full kit for less than BYOC, then generalguitargadgets.com is the place to go.

they also put a few pedals on sale each month, so you can save even more money that way if you're patient enough to wait for a fuzz to come up.

you can also get a wider variety of boards along with the kits at GGG if you really need the board, but are willing to source your own parts.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Sep 27, 2008,
Quote by Invader Jim
^ Got a schem?

Heres a schematic :
Jordan Bosstone Schematic

Check this link below for various info on the Bosstone, layouts and mods.
I think its a very cool fuzz. My favorite so far out of the 7 or 8 fuzzes I have built so far (Although the Craig Anderton Comparator Fuzz is pretty cool as well, real gritty).

http://
Last edited by CodeMonk at Sep 27, 2008,
Quote by Jhachey22
i was thinking of getting the ESV fuzz from BYOC, but some poeple have been saying bad things about it.

I have the ESV Fuzz and I love it
It beats my Foxx Tone machine and Big muff any day
but thats just me
Quote by overgronE
not to hijack the thread or anything....

but if i were to put in a fuzz box INTO a guitar, how would i go about doing this

Start your own thread.
Quote by CodeMonk
Try the Jordan Bosstone. Its pretty fat sounding. Double the size of the input and output caps and its downright awesome (to me anyway).

I made an error here.
The input and output caps C1, C4 which are .02uf, change to .2uf, both film (electrolytic on C4 is not neccessary, film works fine).
Not sure why the 50pF NFB cap to tame the highs is polarized...haha

EDIT: Arrons old software nvm.

On a side note that "attack" pot would work nicer if you lifted the connection from lug 1 to ground.