why the hell are people so into valvetronix and all pumped up about peavey vipers, when fender has already united the best of both worlds (tubes, with a analogue circutry and digital effects) why is this little amp over looked by so many.
i recentely played one and i got to say it did away with my valvetroix and roland cube, metal tones where way better than on the roland and cleans where straight out fender.
I agree i always tough that the champions where very badass.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
the viboro champ the 5 watt version is very good to and i would take it over a vypyr, roland, or valvetronix any day the diffrent abmount of clean tones, light distortions or overdrivven sounds is amazing and they all sound bomb, they also take pedals much better than there other digital competition.
I like it, too.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Shoot, Fender is always overlooked

Take me for example.
I was at Guitar Center one day,
The Valve king was taken, so I just jumped on this Fender Champ.
My world changed right then.
And I bought it the next week.

I def recommend one
As well as HSS Fender Strats

i dont know i got say the plus is this you can really hear the tubes working when your playing unlike in the valvetronix, i think this is do to the fact that the fender has a working preamps and pweramps at the same time.
the speaker is the thing dont like it didnt sound to resonent but then again its a 10 inch speaker.
i went in to try a valveking not to bad but the OD channel could have been a bit better but then i tried the XD on the 9th voicing and with a tubescreamer and it was bomb the 9th voiving by it self is straight metal.
i liked the one i tried. not too sure about metal, but then i did try it with a tele (i've tried a roland cube with a blade tele, though, and it was still br00talz)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I tried the XD and it was pretty nice. I wouldn't spend $300 on it though. I'd much rather go with a vypyr.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Because few people here have tried it. There is an overall belief here that Fender can't make a metal amp. (Probably due to the HR series rep). Yet they made the Prosonic and currently make the SuperSonic and 5150 III. :stickpoke
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
haven't tried the 5150III (hear great things though), but i wasn't all that fussed with the supersonic's high gain tones...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well I agree! I LVOED the Super Champ XD. I kind of wanted one myself. It was great modeling, but it had the tube tone and dynamics!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Because this forum is overrun by 14 year old metal heads who want so much distortion that you can't even think.

Fender = love. I love the super champ, I was looking at one, but I needed more power to gig with.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
I agree, the Super/Vibro Champ XD's are really damn good amps compared to the Valvetronix and Cube's.

When I played a Vibro, the cleans were delicious, but the Valvetronix sounded fizzy and tinny.

Fender FTW.
superchamp xd is my fav bedroom amp, even though there's no all tube signal path, it still sounds damn good and the power tube saturation can't be beat
the problem with the valvetroix i think is what someone mentioned earlier that it sounds tinny, and the low end sounds horrible.
the roland i think is the better amp it sounds more digital but it sounds good non the less, the thing its missing is dynamics.
the fender xd just blows the other two out of the water, its sounds less digital cause i think, very good modelling, i mean its fender youd think line 6 would come out with and amp like this before fender, i like it better than the flextone, cause this amp seems more straight forward, its easy to get a good clean sound out of it and i was surprised at the diffrent shades of clean sounds it made, a real clean machine.
the distortions on it sound nice and creamy the gain dosent have to be at 10 or 8, just turn the amps volume up and it sounds very nice, theres also alot of variations in the distortion, and there all bomb, from light to heavy.
Plus as someone pointed out the amp uses powertubes so the tube sound is all there, plus the preamp 12A sounds bomb im ganna buy one on my next pay check probly the super champ because the non voicing channel it has is all tube.
Just a really great amp and i suggest people who are looking into getting a new amp seriesly take a good look at them, the best moddeling for the money, and awesome sound came from the one company many people wouldnt associate with digital, Fender, what a surprise, i cant wait till i buy mine.
^may be digital but ill be dammned if i would have ever known if it didnt say on the website.
Is it worth the extra 100 dollars over a Vypyr 30w? It's only a 15w...
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22

Ever crank a 15 watt amp? Pretty loud dude. I think it's worth it, i tried a vypyr last week. I'd take the champ over the vypyr
Whats with this Vypyr Craze. The only Vypyrs i'd even consider are the 60 and the 120 for the sake of having tubes. Sure they are better than the MGs and the Spiders.

BUT!

Superchamps are Awesome for thier price and value. They aren't particularly outstanding at metal but otherwise they are really good for their price.
Quote by Jango22

yah but the power tubes may make it just as loud or even louder than a 30 watt vyper judgin from the last time i played it might be used for practice with a band.
and in the end what are these low end modellers really for, just home use or practice, your not ganna buy a 100watt spider and actually play a giig with it, when it comes down to practice, its all about tone, and the fender super champ is the best practice amp out there bar non.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Sep 29, 2008,
Hell, my 10 watt can get loud...but is 15 enough for a school talent show? Smallish school, maybe 400-500 kids.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
How many watts would I need for that or what would be a good amp for that?
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
id say maybe 50tube driven, best shot would be a peavey valveking.
good peavey makes great stuff.
its not always the best but its never crap.
^yah i know i just figured he would like the more economical option.
Im more of a modern guy and altough the valveking is the lesser amp on paper i find it to be more flexible than the calssic 30 without sacrificing tone especially the 212 ones.
Never mind about the gig, i found out the school as 200 watters.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300