Hi, I'm going on a music festival with my youth group this weekend. I know absolutely no one in the group, and since I go to a different school than they do, they are all friends, and I am usually left out. I am shy and awkward around new people, especially when they are all friends, and I am not part of that. I'm bringing my guitar on the trip, but not really sure how exactally to not feel so left out.... Help?
Go up to someone and be like

"I feel a little out of place since I don't quite know all of you, hi my name is ____ what is yours "
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
I usually feel like this.. but maybe just be confident in ureself, and just be over the top and try and get them to tell stories about themselves.. and I dunno :s booze usually works well for calming nerves (y)
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Don't worry about them. Just play guitar and enjoy yourself. People will approach you if you are just having fun. Everyone is weird around new people. I still am, but I just do my own thing and have fun and I always end up meeting someone.
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
Say Hi My name is (Insert Name Here), I like Dimmu Borgir and I worship Satan. That should go well with your youth group. LMAO

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
bring an ipod and some speakers.....and just blast i cum blood....I promise it will work
Originally Posted by NAME GOES HERE
Dude, with a name like Cannibal Corpse, what were you expecting? Ponies and rainbows?

Quote by dannyniceboy
Go up to someone and be like

"I feel a little out of place since I don't quite know all of you, hi my name is ____ what is yours "

if i were to ever do that in my town/school id get my ass kicked
YOU WILL REMEMBER THIS SIG

8/7/09 man, the pear broke loose.

Rule #1 - I'm the Boss
Rule #2 - The Boss is always right
Rule #3 - When the boss is wrong see rule #2
Quote by geeve420
Don't worry about them. Just play guitar and enjoy yourself. People will approach you if you are just having fun. Everyone is weird around new people. I still am, but I just do my own thing and have fun and I always end up meeting someone.

+1

like I went to a high school outta town and I actually didn't know anybody at the time.
But I just walked in and minded my own business I made 1 friend...after 4 days I just walked down the hall and girls started to talk to me, invite me to drinks and stuff.
It's fun, try it
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Necrophagist777
Say Hi My name is (Insert Name Here), I like Dimmu Borgir and I worship Satan. That should go well with your youth group. LMAO

THIS
Quote by lpguitarplayer3
bring an ipod and some speakers.....and just blast i cum blood....I promise it will work

Quote by will123456789
I usually feel like this.. but maybe just be confident in ureself, and just be over the top and try and get them to tell stories about themselves.. and I dunno :s booze usually works well for calming nerves (y)

Youth group
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Quote by lpguitarplayer3

I'll be sure to do this one
Quote by fLYinGV23
Asking the Pit on how to socialize is a BIG mistake....

Most of the Pit are sad lonely little people who live at their computers.
^
You know I think that might just be why he said it
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Stick between them. Even if you actually don't talk. Eventually you will start feeling at ease with them and talking.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by jgbsmith
^
You know I think that might just be why he said it

I didn't actually think of that