Can anyone give me some detailed tips on playing cleaner, apart from palm muting,
im get excess noise when, playing with distortion or sweeping

its fine when its on clean channel ovb
When sweeping from low to high, I use the lower part of my thumb to mute strings. When sweeping from high to low, my fretting hand mutes everything automatically. Try to get your fretting hand to mute strings you don't use and practice picking cleanly and with a precise, small motion so you don't hit strings accidentally that aren't supposed to get hit. Most importantly though, practice slowly and build up your tempo, if you rush things you'll develope bad technique.

EDIT: Yeah I know, two thirds of that are common sense and you've heard it a billion times probably, but people tend to ignore it anyway, so I thought I'd post it.

turn you gain down slightly and turn the high tone on ur amp or pedal down to like six or seven.
Quote by TheQuailman
When sweeping from low to high, I use the lower part of my thumb to mute strings. When sweeping from high to low, my fretting hand mutes everything automatically. Try to get your fretting hand to mute strings you don't use and practice picking cleanly and with a precise, small motion so you don't hit strings accidentally that aren't supposed to get hit. Most importantly though, practice slowly and build up your tempo, if you rush things you'll develope bad technique.

EDIT: Yeah I know, two thirds of that are common sense and you've heard it a billion times probably, but people tend to ignore it anyway, so I thought I'd post it.

true true im gonna bulid on my fretting hand, try to mute the strings as soon they leave the fret with out doing harmonics