So recently, I played a few of BFMV's (Bullet for my Valentine) stuff, and i realized that the stuff is really easy for me. Like i can play most of their songs without that much strain. But i was wondering if that is because they're guitaring is easy, or if it is because my playing style matches their's well. I know you can't gauge it from a 3rd person view, so i'm wondering if Bullet's songs are easy or not.
Yeah they're pretty damn easy
Learn some Necrophagist, then I'll be impressed
ohai little sig.
Depends really, they have some pretty easy songs, and then then have a couple of harder songs.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
its porbably the playing style cause im pretty good but if you tell me to play metalcore its a little more difficult if its really complicated only cause i dont like randomosity of most metalcore/deathcore music
tears dont fall is harder than waking the demon to me. its just the solo of tears that gets me
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
Both new and old. Tears Don't Fall, Suffocating under Words of Sorrow, Waking the Demon, Hand of Blood, Just Another Star, etc. stuff like that. And it'd be cool if you could recommend some other bands with guitarists who play similarly, cos i'm comfortable with that playing style.
tears dont fall is easy man ... even the solo save for the part that seems incredibly fast due to the wah effect but in fact it isnt even THAT hard. but the solo from waking the demon is harder, and it took me far longer to get my down picking to speed that learning the tears dont fall solo but thats just my oppinion
its probably just the mindset of the song then
Quote by extrememetal94
TS if u want more bands with similar approaches try Atryeu,Avenged Sevenfold,As I Lay Dying and For a bit of a challenge learn some Trivium. Hope this answers your quetion and helps u to become a better player.
Also not all of Bullet is easy some is Most is if u alternate pick it all but for maximum heaviosity down pick all you can,want a Bfmv song thats a bit difficult?Try Scream,aim and fire the string skipping is sure to trip you up!!
^ scream aim fire is easy until the sweeping.
i cant really think of an incredibly hard bullet song
Quote by extrememetal94
well the sweeping is easier for me lol, yea come to think of it alot of Bfmv is easy
like i said u want a challenge try trivium it will make u a very good player,that is if u want to challenge yourself though
BFMV is child's play

If you're gonna play metalcore try the band between the buried and me. Now they actually requires skills.
Well what parts are you playing? Lead or rhythm? The first tend to be harder (no offense, rhythm can be hard too). It also depends on songs, techniques used, etc...

The songs you'd mention I'd say were moderate. Don't get me wrong, it's great they don't strain you, but there are harder songs out there.
Quote by o_hai_dere
BFMV is child's play

If you're gonna play metalcore try the band between the buried and me. Now they actually requires skills.

oh god.. Please tell me you didn't call BTBAM metalcore..

They're Progressive (death?) Metal.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
I masturbationed on my bus driver.
Quote by bob farrell
This man speaks the truth. Pleez to be videoing your horrific death kthxbai.
Quote by Demonikk
Yeah they're pretty damn easy
Learn some Necrophagist, then I'll be impressed

I second that.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Hand of blood is a fun song to play and tears dont fall is a good women getter for some reason just cause they know it
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
tears dont fall = easy
waking the demon = hard (down strokes!)

i find waking the demon easier, as i have always used downstrokes for everything except tremolo picking. and i can almost play the solo, but tears dont fall solo i suck.
Matt and Padge's riffs and playing style is heavily thrash influenced, they play fast and with lots of downstrokes.

Most of their riffs aren't that hard to nail, but the solos will take time.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by Metal Society
TS if u want more bands with similar approaches try Atryeu,Avenged Sevenfold,As I Lay Dying and For a bit of a challenge learn some Trivium. Hope this answers your quetion and helps u to become a better player.
Also not all of Bullet is easy some is Most is if u alternate pick it all but for maximum heaviosity down pick all you can,want a Bfmv song thats a bit difficult?Try Scream,aim and fire the string skipping is sure to trip you up!!

Scream Aim Fire is the first bullet song I learned. It's not that hard. But I'm a better lead player than rhythm player so the solo wasn't too bad. I learned waking the demon and suffocating under words of sorrow. Suffocating was the hardest out of the three IMO.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by ccatck
oh god.. Please tell me you didn't call BTBAM metalcore..

They're Progressive (death?) Metal.

Mathcore/Prog Metal.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by DespisedIcon
Mathcore/Prog Metal.

They aren't mathcore, mathcore is Misery Signals, Every Time I Die, it normally involves odd time signatures.

BTBAM is usually categorized as Progressive Death Metal or just Progressive Metal.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by -Serenity_RED-
Both new and old. Tears Don't Fall, Suffocating under Words of Sorrow, Waking the Demon, Hand of Blood, Just Another Star, etc. stuff like that. And it'd be cool if you could recommend some other bands with guitarists who play similarly, cos i'm comfortable with that playing style.

trivium
as i lay dying

but try to play stuff out of ur comfort range, youll get better at playing and become more diverse
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by TatarSalad2
I hate them. With a passion.

Then leave.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Well I can play Bullet songs..so they must be easy because I can actually play them.

Although I'm trying to learn to play waking teh demon with downstrokes instead of alternate picking because my downpicking speed is the suck.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w