Poll: what should i do? <read thread>
Poll Options
View poll results: what should i do? <read thread>
give up job, and once-in-a-lifetime trip, that he has already put $700 into.
18 3%
give up guitar, and possibly lose a chance at a music college
24 4%
give up hockey, and become a fat lazy slob
303 50%
stick to my guns and tell him that i cant give up any of these thingss
261 43%
Voters: 606.
Page 1 of 3
so, i forgot to do a history homework thingy, which is rare because i dont often forget to do it, but either way my history teacher called home because of it.
so my dad is getting pissed saying that im not getting enough time, so i need to give something up, and its either

my job, which i cant because i need to work to pay off a trip in march.
guitar lessons, which isnt an option because i need them to work towards music college.
hockey, which im not doing cause i need something to do.

those are my three options, and apparantly he's not budging.

sooo...... what should i do?

POLL SOON?
Guitar, you can teach yourself. Hockey is too important to give up.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
no i cant give up guitar lessons, it would just slow me down too much, cuase im learning stuff that i never thought possible.
guitar and teach yourself. You learn alot more from teaching yourself what you want to be taught instead of having someone tell you what your going to learn
It looks like Hockeys your only option mate.

Quote by SillyRabbit
guitar and teach yourself. You learn alot more from teaching yourself what you want to be taught instead of having someone tell you what your going to learn

Don't listen to this guy. He is wrong.
Tell your dad to get bent (in more polite terms, of course). Seriously, just stop sucking at school so much.
Well, you need a job, as you stated.
You need music because you're going to college for it.
You need hockey because its fun.

Not a tough decision there, guy.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by KiErAn123
no i cant give up guitar lessons, it would just slow me down too much, cuase im learning stuff that i never thought possible.

GODDAMNIT! There are lessons on UG. Teach yourself, get GP5 to teach yourself some more, write songs to teach yourself more.

I voted for the last option because I thought he was talking about giving up guitar, not guitar lessons.
no i need hockey cause its the one thing that gets me out of the house and keeps me sane.
Well you say you rarely forget to do your homework, and this one time you do forget, you're being asked to give one of those up? Sack that. Stick to your guns!
You could teach yourself guitar. Or you could give up hockey and spend all that time on guitar. Just jog a mile a day if your worried about fitness.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Quote by SillyRabbit

Don't listen to this!!!

You could be teaching you self something the wrong way and have to end up learning it all over again. You can learn a lot from a good teacher. Anyways your not forced to learn what the teacher tells you. Tell him if you don't like what they are teaching you.
the lessons on UG are a crock of shit compared to lessons from a professional session musician whos been working for 30 years.
Quote by Flying Couch
Tell your dad to get bent (in more polite terms, of course). Seriously, just stop sucking at school so much.

Hahaha!

Hockey, yes. That way, instead of wasting your time not doing anything, practice guitar. As simple as.
Fill the void *bump bump bump*

Quote by Ssargentslayer
Don't listen to this!!!

You could be teaching you self something the wrong way and have to end up learning it all over again. You can learn a lot from a good teacher. Anyways your not forced to learn what the teacher tells you. Tell him if you don't like what they are teaching you.

This guy however, is on the mark. Lessons give you so much, provided of course, you make sure you have a good teacher.

TS, you have boxed yourself into a corner, and answered your own question. You're final option, is to stick to you're guns, which to be quite honest, is a really stupid idea. Just give up hockey for a bit, play more guitar.
Quote by SillyRabbit

That was a very uneducated answer. ts ts.

Ts, give your dad a day or two to calm down and talk to him about it. If you're a good student (and I gathered that from your post) you'll probably be able to talk him into leaving everything as it is.
you're not very smart are you... just 'give up' guitar. learn it yourself as someone else said and stop wasting your cash. if you eventually hit a point where you are struggling to get better than go in for 1 lesson.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
Don't listen to this!!!

+1
You should not be making a poll on UG if you're truly passionate about playing guitar, playing hockey, or whichever. You should KNOW what means most to you, otherwise you're wasting your life away spending time on these hobbies that are of no importance to you.

Just think! No one else can tell you what should be important to you, not your dad, or anyone in the Pit.

I am, I am, I am.
Quote by Victoria-R
Hahaha!

Hockey, yes. That way, instead of wasting your time not doing anything, practice guitar. As simple as.

Fuck you bitch, hockey's awesome
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
do the ****ing homework
and also use the arguments of
"I cant give up... because..." like you have done in your original post, but do it politely and he may budge then. especially own money and staying in shape!

but i spose guitar lessons are still important.. dang, sucks to be you!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

You forget some homework and your dad wants to to quit the following choices? Your dad is an asshole.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Last edited by shadesofanger at Sep 25, 2008,
Quote by shadesofanger
You forget one subject of homework and your dad wants to to quit the following choices? Your dad is an asshole.

i agree.
Quote by KiErAn123
then why in the hell is it on the list/poll in the first place, genius?

no wonder your dad is pissed at you. you have no concept of how to make a decision.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Well the choice that would change your lifestyle the least is giving up lessons.
Tell your dad to stop being a ****ing bitch. Seriously, ONE homework assignment? Why the **** did your school even call home for that? Sucks to be you, man. Stick to your guns though, at least that's what I would do.
because of your packed schedule, giving up lessons would actually disadvantage you in the way that you won't learn as quick - however, that said, lessons don't teach you to use your own mind and think for yourself quite the same, but you can learn to do that later.
I would say give up your job because at your age, time = money and you don't need real money for anything much. You can go on many trips in your life and it could all go wrong anyway (eg. you get really sick on the trip). I assume you work 12 hours+ a week. Assuming it's 12, you can put 8 more into guitar and maybe 4 (or much less probably - unless you do none now) into homework.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
Tell your dad to stop being a ****ing bitch. Seriously, ONE homework assignment? Why the **** did your school even call home for that? Sucks to be you, man. Stick to your guns though, at least that's what I would do.
read between the lines.
do you think this is the first and only time TS has been slacking?

you won't hear the whole truth from his side, only what he chooses to tell you.
if you think this is all about ONE homework assignment,
i have some prime real estate in Florida (Okefenokee area) i'd love to sell you.

this "ONE homework assignment" is just the straw that broke the camel's back.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
You play hockey? So...

put 'em into the boards
?????????
Profit!
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
well if you keep guitar, you'll stay skinny...i can't think of one famous guitarist that's really fat...problem solved
Page 1 of 3