Page 1 of 2
I got bored today so I listened to some Eminem on youtube cause I was curious what he sounded like. Now hear me out. I am a middle class white kid who has both parents and is well fed and clothed. All my life people have been giving me shit that rap is for gangbangers and I shouldn't listen to it. When I listened to that song, I didn't really listen to the music like I do to rock, I listened to the lyrics and it was like being read a story and it ****ing blew my mind. What are your views on people like me listening to this kind of music? The only thing I feel bad about is I heard Eminem repeated the 9th grade 3 times then dropped out which means I can never look up to him. Or am I just brainwashed?
Listening to rap while being a middle class white kid? Oh noez, teh muzik pulise is gunna arest u!
Maybe you are a little brainwashed...just listen to what you like. Music is music.

Except soulja boy, that's not music.
Seriously, listen to whatever you want. It's a sad day when people start worrying about whether they're conforming to their stereotypes.
Quote by crackerpleaz
Maybe you are a little brainwashed...just listen to what you like. Music is music.

Lol yeah I agree. Yeah the same thing goes with why they think I'm messed up cause I like death metal. My dad is like "Those people are angry, you're not now shut the **** up!". Shouldn't THAT give me something to be angry about? It all seems like who's the most ****ed up, who had the worst childhood ect.
I mean I love my rock and acoustic and typical guitar player stuff.

But there is some REALLY good rap. I used to hate it actually. But you gotta find the good old school stuff, and some of the good new stuff.

A lot of people hate rap because it's "cool" to or something.
Screw em.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by crackerpleaz

Now watch me dooooooo
Crank dat crackerpleaz

Listen to what you want, I found some good rap songs even if I'm mainly into extreme metal.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by crackerpleaz

Way to be an enormous hypocrite...

But yeah, hip-hop can be interesting to listen to sometimes. I just don't particularly like the genre because of the generally obscene subject matter. It's not that obscene subject matter is a new thing (Brown Sugar anyone?), it's just that the entire genre is so plagued by it nowadays that I find most new hip-hop songs rather atrocious.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
I love rap.

Especially when it's coming out of two 15" Kicker subs powered by 2200 watts of pure bump.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Rap is for gangbangers and you shouldn't listen to it.

Some rap is good.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Last edited by titsmcgee852 at Sep 25, 2008,
It can also be pretty funny.

Young Joc- BooKoo
Hilarious

Shawty Lo- Foolish
I'm laughin'
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
I have a similiar background and I listen to a bit of rap. Check out N.W.A's Straight Outta Compton album. Amazing from start to finish. I often burst into the first few lines of **** Tha Police at random with friends. Check out **** Tha Police and Express Yourself from that album. Brilliant.

Also, try Cypress Hill, specifically the songs How I Could Just Kill a Man and Insane in the Brain.

Also, since you obviously like rock music, Beastie Boys are a must. Specifically their first album - Licensed To Ill. Amazing album.

Those are good to get started on.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
I lieks rap.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Immortal Technique

/thread

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
80% of the people who listen to rap are middle-class white people. eminem is one of the best lyricists of all time. who you are shouldn't dictate what kind of music you like.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Listening to rap while being a middle class white kid? Oh noez, teh muzik pulise is gunna arest u!

WAIT.

Wait.

Grammar Nazis, Fashion Police, and now...

...the Music Militia.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by wtf290
WAIT.

Wait.

Grammar Nazis, Fashion Police, and now...

...the Music Militia.

Well, **** 'em all.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
I like rap, not all, but there's some good stuff out there. I'm kinda different from you I s'pose, because the beats are key for me. A good beat can make a song. But sometimes the lyrical content is enough to make a song for me. Witty, clever things. Li'l Wayne is the man when it comes to that.
Quote by crackerpleaz

true. i beleive he should get the internet for his infinite wisdom.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Beeeeh raaap suxxor! Iz not muzik man!

Sorry, every time this thread comes up we all know that we need at least one of these comments.

Rap is good. It's like everything else, find good rappers and it's great. Find bad stuff and it's horrible.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Sep 25, 2008,
I listen to some rap. It's not like the music you listen to will change your persona.

You just have to find the right stuff. I always used to be put off by the genre because most of the mainstream rap out nowadays is absolute crap. But after looking around some, I've found some great stuff.
This is a signature. Enjoy it.

Quote by wtf is wtf
The worst band i ever heard was The Search Bar.
I love rap & hip-hop, trip-hop, rapcore, etc.

I dislike pop hip-hop.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
I'm listening to KRS One right now, infact, I went to Rock The bells this year, and I also am in a band that does strictly hip hop, and I do the vocals(all rapping mostly). Hip Hop/Rap is sweet when it's done right
Quote by merfsullivan
I like rap, not all, but there's some good stuff out there. I'm kinda different from you I s'pose, because the beats are key for me. A good beat can make a song. But sometimes the lyrical content is enough to make a song for me. Witty, clever things. Li'l Wayne is the man when it comes to that.

Lil Wayne? Isn't he another mainstream rapper rapping about cars and hoes?
Quote by metaldud536
Lil Wayne? Isn't he another mainstream rapper rapping about cars and hoes?

He is horrible, people think he is genius, but he is actually not that great compared the actuallly really good MC's.
Quote by daeqwon10000
He is horrible, people think he is genius, but he is actually not that great compared the actuallly really good MC's.

I just looked at some of his lyrics to see what all the fuss is about. My god it's like he never took a decent English grammar class.
if you love eminem you'll love Tupac... I got hundreds of his songs man truelly a masterpiece... if you like the music, listen to it..... dont listen to the fagets that tell you otherwise.
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
I didn't even have to use my AK

Today was a good day...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by schecter_guy
80% of the people who listen to rap are middle-class white people.

Source, please.

Anyway, TS, what Em song did you listen to? I recommend Toy Soldiers or Stan. After you hear the original Stan, listen to the live version with Elton John on piano.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Quote by JMack
Source, please.

Anyway, TS, what Em song did you listen to? I recommend Toy Soldiers or Stan. After you hear the original Stan, listen to the live version with Elton John on piano.

Rule of thumb.,.... 67.5% of all stats are made up on the spot.... take it as you'd like.
Quote by rich_sg
I've been here nearly 4 years now. I get no respect.

Quote by xCobainx
Respect in the pit?

Lol

Pink Floyd is The Best
Rap is good.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Page 1 of 2