I'm doing my friend a favor and I told him that I'd put Linux on his laptop. Because his computer crashed, and he doesn't want anything to do with Vista. I've put Linux on my PC before, but I have a desktop, and it's I just find a driver package and install it easily for a desktop. I don't want to put Linux on his laptop unless I can figure out how to install the drivers, like the wireless card, and webcam, but I need your help, pit! Is there a site with driver packages for a vast selection of computer models or should I just find a computer savvy friend who can do it for me?
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
if the wireless card is a broadcom, you will have to download another program that can extract the actual driver and make it work for linux. mandriva linux comes with this utility , none of the others do...as far as I know. the web cam should almost be plug and play, if not go to the manufacturers website and see if they have something. and as a heads up, linux takes more than savvy, your gonna want to find a full on geek.
Quote by n2dabloo
Ubuntu? Yesssssssssshhhhhhhhh So easy...

yes, ubuntu, and +1
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
Quote by tjbhdeath squad
yes, ubuntu, and +1

+1
Ubuntu happens to be my favorite pokemon
Ubuntu is great but, if you get debian you have a much larger E-penis and it'd not much harder to work with than ubuntu.
Quote by SamuelBirkett
wtf r u say make no sensical

SAVE THE MUDKIPS