Okay...basically, I want to replace the pickups in my Kramer Striker. The stock "rails" pickups don't really have the output that I'm looking for, and they get really fuzzy in metal situations (even in early stuff like Iron Maiden). I'd also like a neck pickup that's got good output, but not TOO much output. I want to stay versatile.

Basically, I have no idea what exactly I'm looking for. Here are some pickups that I've looked at (mind you, I'm looking for something that won't COMPLETELY fuzz up in high gain, so each note should be articulated pretty well):

Bridge:
Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB Model
Seymour Duncan SH-5 Duncan Custom
Seymour Duncan SH-6 Duncan Distortion
Seymour Duncan SH-11 Custom Custom
DiMarzio Super Distortion
DiMarzio DP102 X2N
DiMarzio DP155 Tone Zone
DiMarzio DP159 Evolution Bridge

Neck:
Seymour Duncan APH-1 Alnico II Pro
Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59 Model
Seymour Duncan SH-2 Jazz Model
Seymour Duncan SHPH-1 Pearly Gates
DiMarzio DP221 D Activator-X Neck Model
DiMarzio DP104 Super 2
DiMarzio DP158 Evolution Neck
DiMarzio DP151 PAF Pro

I would VERY much appreciate if I could get some feedback on any or all of these pickups, or if you recommend another one, just tell me. Please refrain from telling me that I need to get a new amp or a new guitar, because, quite frankly, that's dumb and not what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks!
Gear
Guitar
Kramer Striker (JB + Jazz)
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL
Pedals
Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Digitech HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
Boss DS-1
Have you considered that your amp probably is making your tone fizzy? Just a suggestion.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I'm not using the amp for the distortion, I'm using the Blackstar for the distortion.

And those pickups sounded fizzy on my friend's Marshall JCM800 combo, so I'm fairly sure it's the pickups. And by fairly, I'm pretty damn certain.
Gear
Guitar
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Pedals
Boss DS-1
While upgrading to a brighter, more cutting pickup like the Duncan JB, Duncan Custom, DiMarzio Tonezone, DiMarzio Evo, or DiMarzio Super D your amp could be part of the problem. Distortion pedals often sound fizzy going into solid state amps, particularly modeling ones. It will sound better on a good amp like a JCM for sure, but you'll likely not notice near the difference on your amp, which is something to take into account when upgrading.

Also, what are you EQ settings?
I pretty much use the Blackstar as my preamp (tube distortion into a tube preamp on the Vox), and I have the Bass at 12 o'clock, the Mids dimed, and the treble at about 3 o'clock. On my amp, everything is at 12 o'clock.

And even if I don't notice the difference on MY amp, it IS just a practice amp, and I plug into some half-stacks at friends houses and such. I'm not really worried too terribly much about it making my $230 Valvetronix sound like a hand-delivered gift from Jesus himself, but I do at least want more sustain and less fizz.
Gear
Guitar
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Pedals
Boss DS-1
Go Bare Knuckle if you can afford them. If not, the Evo or a PAF Pro isn't a bad choice. Neither is a SD 78 Evenly Voiced Harmonics.
Quote by Idiosyncracy
Okay...basically, I want to replace the pickups in my Kramer Striker. The stock "rails" pickups don't really have the output that I'm looking for, and they get really fuzzy in metal situations (even in early stuff like Iron Maiden). I'd also like a neck pickup that's got good output, but not TOO much output. I want to stay versatile.

Basically, I have no idea what exactly I'm looking for. Here are some pickups that I've looked at (mind you, I'm looking for something that won't COMPLETELY fuzz up in high gain, so each note should be articulated pretty well):

Look at the Dimarzio D-Sonic or Steve's Special for the bridge, Breed for the neck...that'd suit you down to the ground.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com