What are common grounds for denying a tab submission? I'm relatively new, both to guitar and UG. I was filling out my profile information and decided that I've been with UG long enough and should start giving back to the community. So I wrote a guitar tab (chords) for Word Up by Korn (I figured it would be something in my league where I could be sure of its accuracy), which basically looked like this, plus a separate bit for the bridge and end

e-------------------------------------
b-------------------------------------
g-------------------------------------
d-4-4---2-2---0---0-2---2-4-4s2s4
a-4-4---2-2---0---0-2---2-4-4s2s4
D-4-4---2-2---0---0-2---2-4-4s2s4

which actually sounds pretty good with distortion- better than the other chords were the contributor's interpretation was something like f#, E, and something else (ended up being f sharp minor, anyway.....) so I believe my tab was more accurate.

The only things I can think I did wrong were:
1) i said i thought the other chords were wrong, explaining the provision of my interpretation.

2)I used "s" for slide (and noted that s meant slide) instead of / and \

3) I didn't include my email.. I don't want people emailing me; they can write comments. I get enough emails from work that I don't want to sort through, you know?

I looked up that a gray box with a D meant denied, and there was no asterisk giving me a chance to fix it.. Did I really make some sort of fatal error?

I don't even think I can access the tab in the future for my personal use now, either. I didn't write it in notepad first and then submit it, I just kept the browser open and edited in the text field.

I spent at least a half hour going over it for accuracy and typing up the tab, and to see it rejected the next day without chance of resubmission kind of makes me feel like I'm not all that welcome here..
I spent an hour and a half doing a TAB once, only to submit it and have it denied. I got no email or anything. It just never got put up.

I decided that I'm just not going to submit anymore. I'll them to myself.
first of all if you just had that and the bridge and end i dont believe that is the full and there are at least a dozen tabs for this song they are full and correct.
Quote by rberg79
What are common grounds for denying a tab submission? I'm relatively new, both to guitar and UG. I was filling out my profile information and decided that I've been with UG long enough and should start giving back to the community. So I wrote a guitar tab (chords) for Word Up by Korn (I figured it would be something in my league where I could be sure of its accuracy), which basically looked like this, plus a separate bit for the bridge and end

e-------------------------------------
b-------------------------------------
g-------------------------------------
d-4-4---2-2---0---0-2---2-4-4s2s4
a-4-4---2-2---0---0-2---2-4-4s2s4
D-4-4---2-2---0---0-2---2-4-4s2s4

which actually sounds pretty good with distortion- better than the other chords were the contributor's interpretation was something like f#, E, and something else (ended up being f sharp minor, anyway.....) so I believe my tab was more accurate.

The only things I can think I did wrong were:
1) i said i thought the other chords were wrong, explaining the provision of my interpretation.

2)I used "s" for slide (and noted that s meant slide) instead of / and \

3) I didn't include my email.. I don't want people emailing me; they can write comments. I get enough emails from work that I don't want to sort through, you know?

I looked up that a gray box with a D meant denied, and there was no asterisk giving me a chance to fix it.. Did I really make some sort of fatal error?

I don't even think I can access the tab in the future for my personal use now, either. I didn't write it in notepad first and then submit it, I just kept the browser open and edited in the text field.

I spent at least a half hour going over it for accuracy and typing up the tab, and to see it rejected the next day without chance of resubmission kind of makes me feel like I'm not all that welcome here..

Well, first of all, those aren't chords, that's a tab. The tuning's wrong, and, I haven't looked, but, like the guy above me said, I'm sure there are already plenty versions of that tab on here that are correct.

It's not that you're not welcome, it's just that, if they accepted every single tab that was submitted...it would basically be chaos. There would be countless submissions, and really high-quality tabs are few and far between to begin with. The same thing happened to me, even though the other ones are quite poor, and I knew mine was the best version of that tab anywhere. I was pissed off that I did all that work for absolutely nothing, but, at the same time, it's not really worth making a big fuss out of. In the end, I have the satisfaction of knowing that I'm the only one who can play that song properly.
This was my competition, as far as chords go..
"
Tabs used in the song
F# E D

F# E
You pretty ladies around the world
D E F# E F#
Got a wierd thing to show you so tell all the boys and girls
D
Tell your brother, your sister and your mama, too
"

That's one reason why I felt bad.. they let this in and not mine? I mean, it's the right chords (except f# should be f#minor... duh....) in a way- they match the note being played in the song. It's just the wrong sound.. I don't really know the proper way to say this. I mean, they let this through and not mine.

And perhaps I wasn't clear- I did the tabs for the whole song. My submission was complete.

*edit- i forgot to say that the d, being the only chord on that last line in that part of the competitor's submission, is altogether wrong.

=(
Last edited by rberg79 at Sep 25, 2008,
Quote by Survivalism

It's not that you're not welcome, it's just that, if they accepted every single tab that was submitted...it would basically be chaos. There would be countless submissions, and really high-quality tabs are few and far between to begin with. The same thing happened to me, even though the other ones are quite poor, and I knew mine was the best version of that tab anywhere. I was pissed off that I did all that work for absolutely nothing, but, at the same time, it's not really worth making a big fuss out of. In the end, I have the satisfaction of knowing that I'm the only one who can play that song properly.

I guess that's just how it goes then
Too many versions.
Not enough detail.
Wrong.
Wrong tuning.

Tab approval is a lot stricter these days.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic