So I heard this song on the radio (like a local public talk show, not a crappy pop station). The whole show was on Bob Dylan's life. Eventually, after listening in for a while, I hear one of his songs come on... BUT THEY DIDN'T MENTION THE NAME!!!

So here's what I caught from it:

- Just Dylan and a single acoustic, no other instruments
- It was about a woman he was dating/was seeing
- I think this woman had a fairly successful career later on, as well
- The lyrics leading out of the chorus were something to the effect of:
"...and I would sail across the ocean for you." Don't hold me word for word on that though.
- It was a sad sounding song; fairly slow too
- It wasn't anything I've ever heard before (so it's not anything real famous, I don't think)

I know most of that criteria holds true with most of Dylan's songs, but hopefully some of you die hard fans can point me in the right direction.

Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
Sorry, don't recognize it.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
any guess what era it was? how did his voice sound. it probably wasn't from the sixties since i don't recognize it. but i might not know a song or two.
I don't really know too much about Bob Dylan's career, or at least, how it panned out through his album work. It was before his first use of electric, but after his initial war protesting songs. This theme had nothing to do with war, just this woman. If I could remember her name, it would probably be a lot easier for you.

As far as his voice, I would say he was younger rather than older at this point. They were saying he was already famous by this particular point. (She, the person Dylan wrote the song about, later used this relationship with him as a launching point for her own career, which she then gained popularity within pretty much the same genre...maybe a touch more country though.)

Haha, hopefully that helps you some.
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

^ Na, it's not the one I'm looking for. Still sounds like a good tune though. Thanks for the reply.
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

could be girl of the north country possibly. thats just a shot in the dark, could be anything.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
I'll have to check out "To Ramona". The title seems fitting. I listened to "Spanish Boots of Leather" yesterday, actually. Not the song I was looking for though.
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit