Okay, so after several weeks of reading tons of threads here and posting some of my own (and getting some really great advice...THANKS A LOT, by the way) it's come down to the choices below. This is just going to be a bedroom amp that I've gotta keep down a bit late at night. I'm trying to get a sound close to Alice in Chains, GnR, Metallica...along with some Rush, VH...and cleans like Eagles and Neil Young.

So, here's the final choices:

1) Cube-30X (I've played this amp and like the sound for the most part, but I really only use the Rectifier model and the clean channel) so I'm not sure this is the best choice

2) Killer Ant with a Killer Cab (1X12) and V2JH Jekyll and Hyde Overdrive and Distortion Guitar Multi Effects Pedal (or maybe a TS9)

Again, I'm just going for good cleans on the one hand and some crunch, distortion, and sustain on the other.

I'm thinking option 2 is the way to go but would appreciate any last advice before I buy. THANKS AGAIN to everybody who has replied to my other threads. You guys are a wealth of knowledge and information and I really appreciate your time!!
Last edited by stevem326 at Sep 25, 2008,
option 2 with a ts-9 or fulltone ocd

dont get jeckyl and hyde

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
option 2 with a ts-9 or fulltone ocd

dont get jeckyl and hyde

Thanks for the reply. I've heard in other threads that the OCD is pretty good so I'll do some research. What don't you like about the J&H?

Thanks again!
i like the OD function but its subpar to the ts-9 or fulltone

and the distortion feature seemed to defeat the purpose of having a nice amp

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.