Have any of you guys took your acoustic outside down the street or subway and just played ? I've done it a couple of times. Share your thoughts and experiences !!
yeah, but it depends on why you play guitar. do you play for a career, for the joy of it, or for girls ...
i've done it at parks... got a few coins and some people stopped and gave me weird looks with a smile in their faces included
I do lap tapping sometimes when i'm in public, and i love the expression on people's faces when they pass by
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Quote by deluxity
i've done it at parks... got a few coins and some people stopped and gave me weird looks with a smile in their faces included

oooo still havent played at a park yet
... do you guys have any recommendations of what to play ?
Quote by DGen92
Have any of you guys took your acoustic outside down the street or subway and just played ? I've done it a couple of times. Share your thoughts and experiences !!

Unfortunately, it's illegal to play in the subway without a permit =/ It's actually a legitimate job in Toronto. You have to audition for the transportation commission to get a permit for playing in the subways. I hear that really good people get about $35,000 a year.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
yeahh you look like a homeless guy
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by DGen92
oooo still havent played at a park yet
... do you guys have any recommendations of what to play ?

anything is good i suposse, as long as you bring some sort of joy to the people it's fine
Quote by captivate
Unfortunately, it's illegal to play in the subway without a permit =/ It's actually a legitimate job in Toronto. You have to audition for the transportation commission to get a permit for playing in the subways. I hear that really good people get about $35,000 a year.

lol dang thats a lot of money from just playing in the subway. yeah i lived in toronto, but i played like one or two songs in the subway WITHOUT a permit ... i got away ... anyways i wont be doing that anymore, ill stick to parks and streets.
where I live, busking is usually seen as work for the poor/homeless. But I have seen some pretty good performances. Some of them play so well, I have even entertained thoughts of asking them to teach me how to play. Lol
play alot of classical repertoire* in public
<\\\SuBLiME\\\> ~ ~ ~~

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination ...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Silverstein that video is cool reminds me of bitter sweet symphony I'd like to walk down through a town bumping into people playing it
Yeah, I've done it a couple and it's pretty good fun. The amount of people that randomly come upto you, talking about stupid stuff is pretty funny.
I had a setlist of about 8 songs and just kept going over it, but when I do it again I'm just going to do originals
Give it a go everyone, it's pretty fun!!!!