so my friend who is an attorney works for his wife who got his estate and they found three basses in it. they wanna sell them since the economy is going bad and my attorney friend asked me if i wanted one. he doesnt really know what they are but he says their warwicks.

anybody know what warwick entwistle played and if its got five strings?
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
I believe he used a Stryker, and then a Buzzard.

he used 4 strings with all the pics I've seen.

but any warwick is great.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
I believe he used a Stryker, and then a Buzzard.

he used 4 strings with all the pics I've seen.

but any warwick is great.

yesterday I saw a video of him using a 12 string Warwick
Most of the picture I've seen of him he had a P-bass, a Thunderbird or some funky looking Explorer bass.

No Warwicks.

EDIT: Wikipedia say he does, for what ever that mean...
Quote by deluxity
how about the price?

he said $6000-$7000 depending on the one I wanted
Quote by Captain Insano
Most of the picture I've seen of him he had a P-bass, a Thunderbird or some funky looking Explorer bass.

No Warwicks.

check the 5:15 bass solo on youtube he is using a Buzzard
No warwicks? I guess they're lying when they say the Buzzard and Stryker are his signature models, then.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
he used Warwick for a time, but eventually settled for a company called Status, that Warwick has sued into not making their all graphite Buzzard any more.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by thegiaco2112
he used a Warwick Buzzard and a Stryker

pd: you are a lucki muthA****a

And according to "Bass Culture" he also owned a Streamer, a thumb bass, and an early 5 string prototype.
I'm sure he tried every model Warwick that was available. That shouldn't really influence your choice of bass that much. They're good instruments, not for everybody though.
Quote by Captain Insano

No Warwicks.

The explorer bass is the Wawrick Stryker
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
People, stop, stop, stop. Warwick was the first company to make a Buzzard. Legend goes that he drew the idea on a napkin at a bar with Hans Peter Wilfer. He HAD to use Warwicks at one point simply because they were the only company to make the Buzzard at one point. The necks were sourced from Status, which ended up making the whole bass. I believe he uses a Warwick Buzzard on the Tommy + Quadrophenia DVD - the Tommy show in '89.

The Stryker, from what I understand, was a posthumous tribute bass. I don't think he ACTUALLY used a Stryker from Warwick at any point. Those basses used to use normal Warick headstocks - now they have Buzzard headstocks. A little sign that it's more of an imaginary Entwistle bass as opposed to something he used.

Now, he's only ever used 4-strings (and their dual-course equivalent) onstage. IF the guy's claiming that it was Entwistle's 5-string, he better have some provinence. Even if he does, there's a great chance that the bass just stayed in a case in his bass room for years.

So, in conclusion, Entwistle played Warwick Buzzards with four strings. Strykers and Buzzard BO's are posthumous releases.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Ok--the operative word here is played. Versus "owned". He "owned" a shiteload of basses and guitars, some of which were Warwicks.

How many he actually "played" is another story. According to the book, he did "own" a 5 string warwick proto-type. Which probably gathered much dust in a vault.
Very true. In his documentary, he'd mention about how he'd go through his (200+) bass collection, and run into a bass he's never seen before. 'Where'd I get that one?'
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
The point is, to own a bass that belonged to Mr Entwhistle would 1) Be really cool and 2) BE REALLY COOL

no-one seems to be grasping that point, so I felt I had to make it....

I wish I had 200 basses, I have but 4

once again....REALLY COOL
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
I think fitz is the only guy who would actually use all 200 basses.

I'd end up with half of them on my wall. decorations.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by skippy_moogoose
The point is, to own a bass that belonged to Mr Entwhistle would 1) Be really cool and 2) BE REALLY COOL

no-one seems to be grasping that point, so I felt I had to make it....

I wish I had 200 basses, I have but 4

once again....REALLY COOL

I second that because:
a)REALLY COOL...

b)REALLY COOL
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Quote by thefitz
IF the guy's claiming that it was Entwistle's 5-string, he better have some provinence. Even if he does, there's a great chance that the bass just stayed in a case in his bass room for years.

Idk if its a 5 stringer or not, my friend didn't know and hes letting me check em out tomorrow at the estate
Quote by 14shadesofblue
Idk if its a 5 stringer or not, my friend didn't know and hes letting me check em out tomorrow at the estate

Take some pics while your there and post them so that we can get an idea of your options. It is kind of hard to weigh in on the issue when we have no idea of the exact basses that are available to you.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.