guys, just got my bugera 6260combo, however after spending times tinkering the EQ,dials and such still find it difficult to get sound i want(mesa-ish sounding) like metallica/john petrucci. anyone care to share ur EQ dialing??

thx

Bugera6260 combo pics
Scoop it.
Amps
Mesa Dual Recto 3 Ch
Peavey 6505 Combo

Cab
ENGL E212VH Cab

Guitars
Epi Explorer
Schecter Damien 6
Squier Strat (signed by Rob Zombie!)

Pedals
ISP Decimator
Dunlop Crybaby Original
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensenble
Boss GE-7 Equalizer
:-O You're the first person I've seen with a BFG.

Since the circuitry is different the actual EQ setting will differ from amp to amp, but I know Petrucci has a lot of treble in his sound (maybe set to 8) with mids maybe at 3 and bass somewhere like 6.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
thx guys, STILL tweaking... tweaking EQ more than actually playing with it.. hope to get that dry chunky ballsy mesa rhythm sound.

wondering when will have the actual sounding that i'm aftering.
Last edited by RottyDog at Sep 26, 2008,
Quote by RottyDog
thx guys, STILL tweaking... tweaking EQ more than actually playing with it.. hope to get that dry chunky ballsy mesa rhythm sound.

wondering when will have the actual sounding that i'm aftering.

An overdrive pedal works wonders with that amp man. Look into a few and get the flavor of your choice. I'd start by looking at a Maxon OD808 or OD820. Congrats on your NAD!
Quote by TheEsupremacy
An overdrive pedal works wonders with that amp man. Look into a few and get the flavor of your choice. I'd start by looking at a Maxon OD808 or OD820. Congrats on your NAD!

hi there, if not mistaken i think ur ex-bugera user/owner as well right?

i actually have an old ZOOM707II effects pedal, not sure whether can use as overdrive pedal though, but i'm sure that is HAS a 'overdrive' channel built in.

another question is using overdrive pedal for boosting, we have to set CLEAN channel on our amp or select the LEAD channel instead??

sorry for my noobie question ya..
Last edited by RottyDog at Sep 26, 2008,
No you don't *have* to. But if you run over drive over a distorted channel you're gonna get some SERIOUS distortion out of it.

I swear I remember hearing something here about distortion pedals over clean channels is bad for the amp? Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by `digitaL.braVo

I swear I remember hearing something here about distortion pedals over clean channels is bad for the amp? Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Nope. Distortion pedals over distortion channels will probably sound pretty bad and feed back a lot tho, they should be used on the clean channel.

You can try using the Zoom as a clean boost, try using any boost simulators or something. Also, try setting the output level and/or EQ levels high(ish).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
No you don't *have* to. But if you run over drive over a distorted channel you're gonna get some SERIOUS distortion out of it.

It's not bad to run a distortion pedal over the clean channel of a tube amp. What is bad is running a BAD distortion pedal over the clean channel of a tube amp. If you have a cheap distortion pedal, you're better off boosting the amp with an OD.
ya, looked tru zoom 707II pedal info on zoom website, found out that is has built in 'booster' effect as well, will def try out of it when back home, cant wait. thx alot guys, cheers..
Yup, I used to own a Bugera 6262. Loved it. Wanted a 6505 though. Didn't make a world of difference but whatever. I loved my Maxon OD808 in front of the Bugera. It really does make a sweet difference. If you want kind of a Marshallesque sounding overdrive the OCD is great too. I couldn't live without either of them.
Quote by Warped Signal
It's not bad to run a distortion pedal over the clean channel of a tube amp. What is bad is running a BAD distortion pedal over the clean channel of a tube amp. If you have a cheap distortion pedal, you're better off boosting the amp with an OD.

Oh I thought it was something like the clean channel is made for being pushed by a distortion pedal so you're putting extra strain where it wouldn't normally be?
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Nice amp man. I have the head version, and I find that every EQ knob at around 7, maybe 7.5 for the treble, presence at about 5 and gain at 6-8 depending on what you are looking for sounds pretty good for this amp. Try it out.
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Oh I thought it was something like the clean channel is made for being pushed by a distortion pedal so you're putting extra strain where it wouldn't normally be?

A distortion pedal basically adds "fake" distortion. An overdrive pedal actually drives the tubes of the amp.