Hey guys. I was thinking about routing my squier jazz to fit a music man style humbucker. But before I go perform surgery on my beloved bass, I want to see if you know if there are any jazz bass single coil sized humbuckers. I checked SD's website and found nothing but i heard once that dimarzio might make something like this. Thanks in advance.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
I know dimarzio does that wierd double-blade pup. I've only seen it for P-basses though.

I think bartolini might make one.
Quote by Captain Insano
I know dimarzio does that wierd double-blade pup. I've only seen it for P-basses though.

You mean a split coil?

Anything that can be called a humbucker won't fit in your current setup, so I'm pretty sure you'll have to rout it any way you go.
Stacked humbuckers never did it for me. Route her out.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by IndianRockStar
You mean a split coil?

No, it has two rows of I'm presuming poles. So the set-up kinda looks like this:

------------
------------
            --------------
            --------------

I'll look for a picture.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP127-Split-P-Replacement-Pickup-for-Fender-P-Bass?sku=302265

That!
Last edited by Captain Insano at Sep 26, 2008,
Quote by Captain Insano
No, it has two rows of I'm presuming poles. So the set-up kinda looks like this:

------------
------------
--------------
--------------

You're exactly right, I've seen them before. Nice pickups, too. TS, I'd rout it out.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
It depends if you want humbuckers for the tone or the noiselessness. If it's for the tone, the answer is obvious: either a) buy a bass with humbuckers or b) rout out some room on your current bass. If you just want noise cancellation then there are any number of noiseless "stacked humbuckers" that will be a direct drop in for jazz bass pickups.