Seriously, even if I use 3 fingers and put all my strength into it, I still can't make a whole step bend, not even once. Is this common?
It's because the string is wound so the tension is higher than say a set of electric strings. The more you play, the stronger your hand/fingers will get and you'll bend with less effort. Just keep practicing.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Acoustic strings are like impossible to bend a whole step. It takes a lot of strength and a really far bend. I find that it's easier to bend with steel string acoustics than classical acoustics though.
Get new strings, the older your strings the harder I found it to bend them o_o
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Quote by civildp1
It's because the string is wound so the tension is higher than say a set of electric strings. The more you play, the stronger your hand/fingers will get and you'll bend with less effort. Just keep practicing.

So you're saying it's possible? I just noticed is that it takes a higher bend to get a whole step than just normally on those steel strings. I just tested it and was able to bend up 2 and a half strings higher in its position but it was still a clear semi tone! How far do you have to bend it?
Quote by Zvahl
So you're saying it's possible? I just noticed is that it takes a higher bend to get a whole step than just normally on those steel strings. I just tested it and was able to bend up 2 and a half strings higher in its position but it was still a clear semi tone! How far do you have to bend it?

It takes a lot, but I can get it up a whole step, or at least close enough to sound right with vibrato.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Acoustics arent really meant for that much bending, try sliding to the note instead