i'm thinking of buying a semi-cheap flying v. i know i should probably play it first, but theres a pretty decent ammount of time for me to return it for a refund, and i don't know of anywhere i could test it before hand. i'm curious to hear if anyone here has/has played one, and what they thought.
drape yourself in greenery, become part of the scenery
-British Sea Power
Lol I saw one of those at the Musicians Friend clearance center in KC. There wasn't anything wrong with the guitar, except it was made of plastic. Come on. Don't waste your money. They really don't sound good.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Lol I saw one of those at the Musicians Friend clearance center in KC. There wasn't anything wrong with the guitar, except it was made of plastic. Come on. Don't waste your money. They really don't sound good.

WHAT is bad about the sound though? i have 8 guitars already, and am looking for something with a more specific, unique sound, not necessarily the "best" sound (whatever that means to you)
-British Sea Power
Quote by Riaghan
WHAT is bad about the sound though? i have 8 guitars already, and am looking for something with a more specific, unique sound, not necessarily the "best" sound (whatever that means to you)

Well I was just messin with you. The first part about seeing it and thinking it looked stupid is true. The part about playin it was a bit of a white lie. But come one. Use common sense. It is made out of plastic. Its like taking a guitar hero controller, slapping some strings and pups on it and sayin "Hey guys! Look at my new geetar!"

Sorry, don't mean to be rude, just the voice of common sense
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I have one that I picked up for about $150 and I put in some better pickups, tuners, bridge, etc. now obviously it still doesn't sound as great as a wood guitar but it's still fun, it sounds pretty good, I get a lot of comments on it, and it's a unique piece to have.

That being said, I rarely use it because I have better guitars at my disposal...
Keep the change, pimps don't jangle
Last edited by SWLABR at Sep 26, 2008,
Quote by Natrone
Use common sense. It is made out of plastic.

IT IS!? WHAT!?!?

haha, i'm just kidding.

but i am not lacking in common sense, i happen to be of the opinion that a guitar doesn't necessarily need to be made of wood to have a unique or interesting sound. i'm not saying that these necessarily do, but i wasn't thinking when posting this "hey, i wonder if these sound the same as their traditional-made counterparts?" oh well.
-British Sea Power
Quote by SWLABR
I have one that I picked up for about $150 and I put in some better pickups, tuners, bridge, etc. now obviously it still doesn't sound as great as a wood guitar but it's still fun, it sounds pretty good, I get a lot of comments on it, and it's a unique piece to have.

That being said, I rarely use it because I have better guitars at my disposal...

cool. i'm still thinking about it. thanks!
-British Sea Power
i know they dont make them any more but in like 1999 bcrich made thes acrilic see thru guitars you can still find on ebay. they are heavy and i dont think they made a v but i know they hade a warlock and bith i saw both at a stor a long time ago and got to play the warlock and i loved the tone, i play mainly metal shread type stuff
Different materials = Not evil

QED, it was good enough Keith Richards, Joe Perry and others. As little as I like using the "but the celebs use it" argument, Ovation acoustics are built out of plastic material for the bowl and they sound great.

Try it out, you have nothing to lose.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by Natrone

So is Jack White's :P
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK