help me what do i do
the new amp that i recieved to day ( epi valve special ) has an american power cord 220 volt or 230 volt or what ever it bloody is.
wtf does america have to different.
anyway i was wondering if anyone knows a solution around this problem.
do i have to buy a new cord adapter or what

PS sorry to those americans but i am pretty pissed off right now.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Built Acoustic
Epiphone Valve Special
Marshall Guv'nor GV2
tanglewood 1000 pu resonator
washborn acoustic
My Build
It's 120 volts. You'll need a step-up transformer to run it at 240V, unless there's a selector in the back with different voltages, in which case you'll just need a plug adapter.
sorry my bad actually english power cord that they have sent me
sorry america
do i still just get an adapter
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Built Acoustic
Epiphone Valve Special
Marshall Guv'nor GV2
washborn acoustic
My Build
cheers
i rang the local electronics store and they have the adapters
looks like i will have to wai untill tomorrow to play it
thanks for your help
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Built Acoustic
Epiphone Valve Special
Marshall Guv'nor GV2
washborn acoustic
My Build
NO!
and adapter wonr work. i plugged my american amp into an australian wall the other day, and now its broken. adapters are for less powerful things. i really hope you check back on this thread, because if not, its gonna get fried.

anyway, almost every country has different plug in/voltage deals. america isnt the only one different. and youll need a transformer AND an adapter
@noname

He said it runs on 240v, and that its not american, its european. It'll work just fine.
What country do you live in?

What country is the amp from?

Answer these questions and we'll tell you what you need.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
i have tempoarily fixed the problem
turns out that a computer power cord fits the socket perfectly and since it is just a power cord dad said it would be fine

if not he an pay for a replacement

so anyways it seems to be working now
thanks for your advice.

if this is still dabgerous i would love to know
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Built Acoustic
Epiphone Valve Special
Marshall Guv'nor GV2
washborn acoustic
My Build
I'm still not sure where you are from or where the amp is from but unless your amp has a selector switch at the back for different voltages you'll need a transformer and adapter to get the amp working in your area...

I used to do electrical work (only in the US mind you...) so I somewhat know this topic.
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 26, 2008,
Americans use 110 and 60 hertz. Most other places use 220 and depending on where could be 50 or 60 hertz. Changing the chord wont change the wall voltage. Running 220 into an amp made for 110 is a good way to fry an amp. And the little travel adapters are made for razors and small personal electronics not the power use of guitar amps. The one I have says dont use for extended periods of time. You are going to need an actual power adapter and it wont be 5 bucks. If you fry the amp there wont be a warranty they dont cover things if its plugged into the wrong power system.
And just for reference as american actually invented electric and light bulbs etc that would make everybody elses system different wouldnt it. Why each place settled on what they use dont ask me.
Quote by Tackleberry
Americans use 110 and 60 hertz. Most other places use 220 and depending on where could be 50 or 60 hertz. Changing the chord wont change the wall voltage. Running 220 into an amp made for 110 is a good way to fry an amp. And the little travel adapters are made for razors and small personal electronics not the power use of guitar amps. The one I have says dont use for extended periods of time. You are going to need an actual power adapter and it wont be 5 bucks. If you fry the amp there wont be a warranty they dont cover things if its plugged into the wrong power system.
And just for reference as american actually invented electric and light bulbs etc that would make everybody elses system different wouldnt it. Why each place settled on what they use dont ask me.

America invented electric? I'll give you the light bulb, but most "electricity" research was carried out by Euros (Maxwell, Faraday, Hertz, Galvani, Ohm, Volta, list goes on) and the father of AC generation and transmission used all over the world now is a Croat, Nikola Tesla. The rest of your facts are OK.
First commercial electric system was in the states by edison. Yes others had done research tesla did alot he also died a pauper. But the first useful electric system was 1880 by edison electric.
To be fair, Tesla was an american citizen and did most of his work in america.
Besides, we have better plugs. Those enormous European monstrosities are horribly cumbersome
America had the first electrical grid, and it ran on 120V because it was easier. Later electrical grids developed in Europe ran on 240V because they had the technology to do so and apparently it's more efficient.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by Roc8995
To be fair, Tesla was an american citizen and did most of his work in america.
Besides, we have better plugs. Those enormous European monstrosities are horribly cumbersome

But on the plus side... we have a proper earthing connection
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by bluesnewb
help me what do i do
the new amp that i recieved to day ( epi valve special ) has an american power cord 220 volt or 230 volt or what ever it bloody is.
wtf does america have to different.
anyway i was wondering if anyone knows a solution around this problem.
do i have to buy a new cord adapter or what

PS sorry to those americans but i am pretty pissed off right now.

get an adapter to modify your current (amperage) and/or tension (voltage), chances are the adapter you get should also regulate your frequency down to 50Hz (if i'm not mistaken europe uses 50 hz)