i have a simmons sd7k kit. today i bought a dm pro module (not the dm5). and everything is all screwed up and i cant figure anything out.
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
so. what is the problem exactly?

PM me if you need more help, I use and own e-drums
I run a custom set with a Roland TD6V module.

The DM5 and DM Pro modules are both crap, I had the DM5 for a week before selling it for a Roland module. Triggering just didnt work well at all.
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 26, 2008,
Weird how all similar questions come out in one day.

Tell us the problem instead of just "screwed up"
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
They give you a manual for a reason.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
k well only about half of the triggers are responding properly. like my bass drum trigger and my 3 toms work fine, and they are all single zone. then my cymbals crash, ride and hi-hat work fine too but it registers them as dual zone triggers but they are single zone. also my hi hat pedal doesnt work at all, and then my snare doesnt work either and it is a single zone and then has a rim trigger.
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
be sure your hi-hat pedal can work with this module, not all will. This goes for any module, different resistance for each module mostly...

As for changing the trigger type in the module, go though the manual. I forget how to do it off the top of my head TBH.

Be sure you are also using the proper cables for both the module and pads, some are TS, others will be TRS
okay. thanks, on the back it has some of the trigger inputs as trs 2/3 or 11/12 so i think that mean it has to be trs and put into a dual zone trigger pad or at least two different single trigger pads..

is that possible anyways instead of using the dual triggering for the ride and bell ride, can i just get another single trigger pad and have a ride and another cymbal while i trick the module into thinking its the bell?
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
Quote by B3RZ3RK3R
okay. thanks, on the back it has some of the trigger inputs as trs 2/3 or 11/12 so i think that mean it has to be trs and put into a dual zone trigger pad or at least two different single trigger pads..

is that possible anyways instead of using the dual triggering for the ride and bell ride, can i just get another single trigger pad and have a ride and another cymbal while i trick the module into thinking its the bell?

The DM Pro offers some dual triggering but you need a dual zone pad and TRS cable for those connections. I wish the DM5 had this type of feature at one point...

Yes you can split a dual port with a Y cable such as this to use two single zone pads.
okay thank you so much. this now makes soooo much sense. i am gonna have to buy a few of the trs cables but it will be worth it. i will make a comment on your profile cuz it says so in your sig
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75