I've recently purchased a vox AD50VT and I've realised that for me it really leaves something to be desire. I didn't try before I bought as I bought off ebay but on reccomendation from friends. Its pissing me off already because it pretty much hates pedals and it just doesnt have the ability to play metal that I want. The nu metal setting with gain all the way up won't cut it. I've found my 15w SS randall packs a bigger punch.

So I've figured I should upgrade and go to a tube. I'm probably going to buy used off ebay because I'm a student with not a huge amount of cash. I'm also in Australia btw so prices are different to america. My budget is about $1500 AU for something used. Not fussy about whether combo or stack. I know they're loud but I could always get an attenuator.

I was thinking maybe a marshall TSL 100 (or a DSL 401 combo) but I'm open to ideas. Ideally I want it mostly for Classic+Hard Rock and Metal. So I want metal like Van Halen, Metallica. Hard Rock like Guns N Roses, Nirvana and (Old) Silverchair and Classic like Cream and Hendrix. Although I still would like to get a reasonable clean sound Eg. RHCP - Californication.

Any Ideas on what I should get.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
you're better off leaving it alone seeing as how the single tube in the vox ad's are most like plate starved

and even if its not the changing the tube still the wouldnt drastically change the sound

save your money, dude
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
well an ad50vt is not really meant for metal and it's a modelling amp so it's not supposed to take pedals... Just to point out you really didn't get the right amp for what you want
^ Nobody points this shit out to you when you buy it. AD50 aside what should I buy.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3