Hello,

I would need some help. I will buy and amp and some effects. I`m more or less a beginner and would like to buy complete set. I play rock and blues. I was looking also at guitar rig 3 but really don`t know what to buy.

Please advise.
Just go rack. A 1-space effects box will have everything, and can do it in stereo. Pedals are limited, and you can't program them.
Budget, styles, location? Help me help you.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by leadfootdriver
Just go rack. A 1-space effects box will have everything, and can do it in stereo. Pedals are limited, and you can't program them.

Dude, he's a beginner, that's some professional stuff there!

For starting out, why not get an amp with built in effects? Something like the Spider III series from line 6 or smaller, cheaper behringer amps are ideal if you're just starting out and don't know if you really wanna pour tons of cash into gear. As for guitars, Epiphone and Squier make some good beginner guitars which should fit the styles you mentioned.
Quote by Weybl Himself
Dude, he's a beginner, that's some professional stuff there!

For starting out, why not get an amp with built in effects? Something like the Spider III series from line 6 or smaller, cheaper behringer amps are ideal if you're just starting out and don't know if you really wanna pour tons of cash into gear. As for guitars, Epiphone and Squier make some good beginner guitars which should fit the styles you mentioned.

You'll get hammered for this, but I really do think that's the best way to start out.
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
Quote by Under_The_Oath
You'll get hammered for this, but I really do think that's the best way to start out.

Anyone who hammer's him should remember how it was when they started. I know that for me, I would probably have benefited from having something with inbuilt effects. It would've saved me the $120 that I spent on my cheap Zoom multi-fx to learn the same stuff.

The Line 6 Spider's are most definately NOT value for money for anything with a large amount of wattage, but for the price and the help they can be to a beginning guitarist, they're not bad.

Just my two cents, I can't help you other than that. More details on your budget and playing style will help other people give you better recommendations.
Quote by Under_The_Oath

+1
Thank you guys. I was also thinking about guitar rig 3 as I have the money for it. I would buy it with foot controller of course and then I have all that I need and more.
I`m just not sure if with foot controller I have solved the problem with my on-board sound card. That card is not good enough for processing the sound, I`ve read that this new controller has very good sound card integrated and user doesn`t need to buy additional sound card. Does anybody know if this is true?
No way. Any dummy can figure out a POD. Rack effects are the same thing. By the way, there's a thing included with everything you buy... It's called an owners manual...

These are fully programable, and you won't waste any money on stuff that sounds like ass.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/TC-Electronic-G-Major-Guitar-Effects-Processor-101540920-i1124654.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Rocktron-Xpression-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Processor-180796-i1125093.gc

I'd even look for an Alesis Quadraverb 2 on eBay. Those are great, and they're prolly' real cheap.