I'm not really much of a bassist, however i have started to play a cheap-o bass.

I have a cheap bass and a cheap bass amp and it rumbles like crazy. I have to turn the bass all the way down. I was thinking of getting a used bass amp but i think some of the problem is my cheap pickups. can a bass EQ pedal help with the rumble? or should i just save up for a new bass as well.
It's the amp. Cheapos and small amp can't handle low end.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Cody_Grey102
It's the amp. Cheapos and small amp can't handle low end.

Ok i'l see if i can get a cheap (under a few hundred dollars) bass amp. not too cheap though.
Check out the Ibanez Soundwave amps... if you can find them. I've been waiting for my local shop to get them in for several months now. 65W will run you around 200. 315 I think for the 100W.

Sounded really clear and punchy when I played through the floor model 35W (which is ~150 I think) even with a crappy bass.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by BeastlyBassist
Check out the Ibanez Soundwave amps... if you can find them. I've been waiting for my local shop to get them in for several months now. 65W will run you around 200. 315 I think for the 100W.

Sounded really clear and punchy when I played through the floor model 35W (which is ~150 I think) even with a crappy bass.

Sounds great. Do they have a lower wattage one? 15 watss would be great. wattage means nothing to me, i just want something to practice with
I believe they do, I just didn't include it b/c I'd have to BS a price and I'm not so good at that =D
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Thanks I'l look into it.

Where do you live (what country)? In Australia everything cost almost double than in America.
I'm in the U.S. and it's okay, our dollar will probably fall to where we're paying about the same as you any day now.

maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

In Australia we have to pay for shipping aswell.

so this further raises the price... which sucks mega balls.

I have a roland 15 watt practise amp that if tilted back can be heard over the drums, and my guitarists all tube laney. at maximum volume though.

and it sounds pretty good too.

I use it mainly for vocals at band practise since I have myself a half decent Hartke that holds its own very well on about 4 or 5
"Whats that noise??"

"... Jazz"