I have a quick question, and sorry if it's a really stupid one too. When I print documents or pictures, would my printer automatically keep record of what I print?
Thanks.
...Are you printing out naughty pictures?

Your printer has no memory, so say if you gave your printer to somebody else, the stuff you'd printed wouldn't show up on their computer. If you delete the documents or pictures from your hard drive, there would be no further record of you having had them.
Quote by rigiddigits

Your printer has no memory, so say if you gave your printer to somebody else, the stuff you'd printed wouldn't show up on their computer. If you delete the documents or pictures from your hard drive, there would be no further record of you having had them.

No, I'm printing out pictures for my friend..long story, don't want to explain to parents about them. And thanks a bunch.
Quote by rigiddigits

That's not true.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
That's not true.
Oh yes. I mean, none that his parents would really be able to find?
Quote by rigiddigits

Btw...not a guy.
Quote by rigiddigits

Deleting the files, clearing the cookies, the temp files, the temporary internet files, etc, would stop parents from finding the stuff, but if he's doing something illegal, the police can pretty much find anything. Apparantly the only way to actually delete everything is to completely fill your harddrive so it overwrites the indexes, then wipe it.

Not that I know that.

<_<

>_>

Quote by UnAwesome
Btw...not a guy.

Yes you are, don't lie.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Apparantly the only way to actually delete everything is to completely fill your harddrive so it overwrites the indexes, then wipe it.

Not true. Plastic explosives work equally well.
Quote by rigiddigits
Oh sorry. Me either

Nor me. Why don't we all just lez off.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rigiddigits

technically it does have some memory, somewhat like RAM
It remembers print jobs for a short time just so the computer doesnt have to stay on and send the info for a long time (say for a 200 page print job).

My Dell laserjet also takes extra RAM sticks.
Quote by moody07747
technically it does have some memory, somewhat like RAM
It remembers print jobs for a short time just so the computer doesnt have to stay on and send the info for a long time (say for a 200 page print job).

My Dell laserjet also takes extra RAM sticks.
Hmm, didn't know that. I think she's only talking about whether it will show up in terms of days/weeks later though.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Deleting the files, clearing the cookies, the temp files, the temporary internet files, etc, would stop parents from finding the stuff, but if he's doing something illegal, the police can pretty much find anything. Apparantly the only way to actually delete everything is to completely fill your harddrive so it overwrites the indexes, then wipe it.

Not that I know that.

<_<

>_>

Yes you are, don't lie.

I found a program once that rewrites over any free room you have on your hard drive like fourteen times. I used it to ultra delete my prons before the IT guys fixed my comp. I tried to find it again but couldnt.