Page 1 of 4
I'm looking forward to the new album.
"It's only after you've lost everything," Tyler says, "that you're free to do anything."
they're actually awesome.
They got a special style of pop punk.
If you hear any of their songs you know it's NFG right away. I love that.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
i only got into them at school when sticks and stones came out, then i worked backwards and got into the rest of it. kind of ignored the last couple of albums but i got the last EP and it was pretty enjoyable. still better than 90% of pop-punk bands spewing out pile after pile of irrelevant wank.
^^that's true.
although i've never been much of a fan tbh, i didn't give them much attention when i was younger.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
I haven't stopped listening to them since Sticks And Stones came out. I've been on such a huge NFG kick these last few weeks, it's been crazy. I'm going to see them on Oct 8 with Crime In Stereo so I'm pumped about that.
I remember trawling through Virgin Records in New York picking out their tv/film covers EP, 'nothing gold can stay' and some Sloppy Seconds album. Got home and the CDs were passed around about a dozen people before I got to hear them in this country.
Then a year or so later they released 'hit or miss' and I went into teenager mode and stopped listening to them due to the fact that the song was everywhere and they were coming over and playing concerts with Brand New.

I miss being a kid
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
i always found hit or miss a pretty boring song. i mean it was okay but it was one of those kind of happy clappy pop punk songs that i hated.
Quote by kryptonite22
i always found hit or miss a pretty boring song. i mean it was okay but it was one of those kind of happy clappy pop punk songs that i hated.

Really?
It was a blatant attempt to write a song that they could sell their records off the back of. Perfect for top 40 but not really doing much. Can understand why you feel that way about it. I always hated the outro bit to it but always thought it was a decent pop song.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
They cover No Reason Why on the Tip of the Iceberg EP
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
They write some catchy songs.

They REAAAAAALLY need to stop covering songs though. In my opinion they have the worst collection of covers I've ever heard.
Quote by Andrewbiles
Really?
It was a blatant attempt to write a song that they could sell their records off the back of. Perfect for top 40 but not really doing much. Can understand why you feel that way about it. I always hated the outro bit to it but always thought it was a decent pop song.
yeah it definitely lacked an edge, i was more into bands that admittedly had a similar sound but had more aggression i think. nfg confused me at first because the aggression just wasnt there, it was basically pop with guitars.
Quote by Manos15
I know I want to hear it live. There is no way to describe how nuts I would go.

They played it when I saw them

Quote by Manos15
From what I've heard they have been. And I hear Four Year Strong covers Suicide File.

They do
fght ff yr dmns. wrt sngs n yr slp. fight yr dmns your DEMONS. w lv y. w mss y. i lv y s mch tht t hrts m hd.
I just went to their show in NJ last night, it was fucking tight
Starland Ballroom? I was there!
We left after NFG played Kiss Me, just cuz we had a 3 and a half hour drive home.
Quote by saxaxe
Starland Ballroom? I was there!
We left after NFG played Kiss Me, just cuz we had a 3 and a half hour drive home.

What was the order of the bands? I really am only going for Crime In Stereo and New Found Glory/ISHC, I won't mind Four Years Strong but I hate A Day To Remember.
Crime In Stereo, ISHC, Four Year Strong, A Day to Remember, and then NFG. A Day to Remember was painful to sit through. 30% of the people there left after ADTR played.
ISHC was my favorite band of the night, hands down. I don't think the people there realize they're getting made fun of.
Quote by kryptonite22
yeah it definitely lacked an edge, i was more into bands that admittedly had a similar sound but had more aggression i think. nfg confused me at first because the aggression just wasnt there, it was basically pop with guitars.

Very true. It was probably the vocalist's fault that they lacked aggression in their sound.
Was quite surprised they didn't ever do a Blink 182 and have a string of hits.

RateYourMusic
Quote by BannedInTheOC
They write some catchy songs.

They REAAAAAALLY need to stop covering songs though. In my opinion they have the worst collection of covers I've ever heard.

cry me a river was wierd but kiss me was kinda awesome.
Ibanez GAX-70

Roland microcube

50 watt Marshall through 4-12 avatar cabinet.

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something. Cause life isn't that simple."
I really liked sticks and stones back in the yda, and the one after, i can't remember the name of that album, Understatement? But after that i didn't like what they did at all and stopped listening to them.
Quote by rich420
I really liked sticks and stones back in the yda, and the one after, i can't remember the name of that album, Understatement? But after that i didn't like what they did at all and stopped listening to them.

"Understatement" was a song off Sticks and Stones. Catalyst came next.
I find it funny that they were a soft, more mellow band for five minutes, and then they make Madball's Got Our Back.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
New Found Glory is one of the best pop punk bands ever. I love these guys so much, there amazing artists and they put up a hell of a good show.
I think I've heard 99% of the music New Found Glory has ever wrote and have seen them on several occasions.

And all the time on this forum you guys discuss about how hard they are. I don't see it. Can someone shed some light on me?

Could anyone link me to some good ISHC songs?
Quote by original=punk
There's no such thing. ISHC suck. NFG rock. Read my blog about it. I review the album.

www.alrightmablog.blogspot.com
ISHC kick major ass.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Page 1 of 4