My wrist on my right (picking) hand hurts like hell whenever i do something (Like type, pick, poke etc) so im typing this all left handed. anything i can do so i can start playing guitar?

This is the first time this has happened.

Quote by LukkaJovicVp
No no no !!! Satriani said one, if your hands hurts when you play, give it up !

Eh? I can't work out what you are trying to say or if that is sarcasm.
Quote by LukkaJovicVp
No no no !!! Satriani said once, if your hands hurt when you play, QUIT !

Because rock stars advice is second to none.
Signatures are overrated.
carpal tunnel, stop playing for little while or it will get much worse
blahblahblah
Quote by Moe.
Because rock stars advice is second to none.

Errr, Satriani probably knows everything.

Here is what you should do.

1. Take a break for AT LEAST 3 or even 5 days.

2. Practise with this www.metronomeonline.com at low speeds and be relaxed as possible.
Quote by Jackolas
Errr, Satriani probably knows everything.

I'm sure his hand hurt once too.
Stretch it, and take a break from guitar. Maybe raise the guitar higher, and modify your picking technique.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Well its just the very start of the holidays and i was hoping to get some serious practice done but... well i suppose it would be better to take a brake than to **** up my wrist even more.

When i was playing today i was trying to build up speed and my hand/wrist was very tense. i suppose that didnt help. Would the ice help?
Quote by Final !mpact
Well its just the very start of the holidays and i was hoping to get some serious practice done but... well i suppose it would be better to take a brake than to **** up my wrist even more.

When i was playing today i was trying to build up speed and my hand/wrist was very tense. i suppose that didnt help. Would the ice help?

That's the reason your feeling the pain now. Pushed your limits too far and got too tense. You can try the ice, but the pain went away within two days for me when I had the same problems. I didn't use ice either.
Quote by Moe.
That's the reason your feeling the pain now. Pushed your limits too far and got too tense. You can try the ice, but the pain went away within two days for me when I had the same problems. I didn't use ice either.

Thanks. I'l take a break for few days.