Aside from the "I really liked it" and "Not really my style" type of replies, I haven't gotten any tips or suggestions on how to better my lyrics. Personally I feel most of my lyrics are a bit generic, but maybe that's just me... maybe I need to write about something else.. something that brings about different emotions then I'm used to writing about, I'm not sure.. anyway, let me know what you think

[verse one]
Why do I always think of bad things
The only thing that I want to do
Is get high and drunk today
But that’s nothing new for me
There are things I want to change
And choices I should have made
Now I’m sick and can’t get better
Wishing I had never met her

[chorus]
You see it’s just a part of me
All these lies and broken dreams
But there’s nothing I can do or say
Things will always be this way

[verse two]
Now I know what they can’t see
It’ll always be a part of me
Empty promises and tragedy
These are all inside of me
So I wrote this song tonight
With the hope you could see
Give it up and do what’s right
Or you’ll end up just like me

[chorus]
You see it’s just a part of me
All these lies and broken dreams
But there’s nothing I can do or say
Things will always be this way
youre right its a bit generic but it sounds good.you got the theme right but maybe next time change some of the words, but not on this one.This one flow mostly good.

Why do I always think of bad things
The only thing that I want to do
Is get high and drunk today

this part sounds a bit weird, not a great poetry
Yeah that part is a little wordy and awkward. I realize just saying it out loud it sounds a bit weird and the only reason I kept it is because somehow it flows well with the guitar in the song, but thanks for your honesty
im not saying take it off, it has its meaning in the song and i understand and see it.try to make it flow better with words and guitar.
i know, its hard.damn hard. but you need to work hard to get a really nice song these days.
if you ever upload it sang by you PM me please , ok?:P:
hey szeke, will do! I'm actually trying to get some recording time with a friend of mine that has a home studio, schedule conflicts keep getting in the way!
Quote by oakleys09
hey szeke, will do! I'm actually trying to get some recording time with a friend of mine that has a home studio, schedule conflicts keep getting in the way!

nevermind the troubles look for the success in the horizon