Page 1 of 2
Okay so i just got back from the Dr.'s office and they said that i have arthritis (and i am only 17) in my hands more mainly in my left hand though. The Dr. said that i should now only play my guitar for only at maximun a half hour a day (which is bull-Shit) So i was wondering if any of you guys have any advice of what i should do or if anybody knows some tricks or tips to make my hands feel better???
Funny how you just went to the doctor but instead of asking him what you can do to get better, you ASK THE PIT.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by upchuck51
Okay so i just got back from the Dr.'s office and they said that i have arthritis (and i am only 17) in my hands more mainly in my left hand though. The Dr. said that i should now only play my guitar for only at maximun a half hour a day (which is bull-Shit) So i was wondering if any of you guys have any advice of what i should do or if anybody knows some tricks or tips to make my hands feel better???

Ask the doctor, dipstick.

Quote by upchuck51
Dr. said that i should now only play my guitar for only at maximun a half hour a day (which is bull-Shit)

So, how many years of medical schooling did you take?
Quote by soulflyV

i think he meant its bullshit as in it really pissed him off
Sig space available, give me some praise
Just ignore it, play guitar as long as you like. Believe me I know better than a Doctor.
Quote by ross1234
i think he meant its bullshit as in it really pissed him off

Still, he's looking for advice from teenage no-hopers, when he could have asked a doctor, someone well versed in matters of the body, about feeling better.

And this is the internet, I can read into this however I want
Quote by soulflyV
Ask the doctor, dipstick.

Obviously randoms on the internet have a much higher chance of imparting wisdom than some sort of doc-tor person.

After all, its the internets, and it is for men.
Thats weird. My girlfriends dad got arthritis in his hands and his doctor told him to pick up a hobby thats uses his hand alot so he started playing guitar. Maybe you should get a second opinion.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
My advice:

Warm up thoroughly.
Soak your hands in warm water before playing, and again afterwards
Take supplements eg. Shark Fin Cartilage, C-Jointin.
Quote by soulflyV
Still, he's looking for advice from teenage no-hopers, when he could have asked a doctor, someone well versed in matters of the body, about feeling better.

Speak for yourself, I have a degree in engineering so I'm fully qualified to offer medical advice

Play guitar for no more tham 35 minutes a day
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Play long, play hard, play fast!

Then watch your fingers and wrists contort into unusable stumps.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
What about those copper bracelets? And I know cherries have acids in them which help the joints.
Quote by Bendybaws
Speak for yourself, I have a degree in engineering so I'm fully qualified to offer advice

Play guitar for no more tham 35 minutes a day

Oh, I was mistaken.

Quote by Nothingface
Crack your fingers every 10mins and W**K more with your left hand. Good Luck!!

I love how you censored out wank, like it's some kind of swear word.
Wow. I've heard it's better to use/exercise the hand more if you have arthritis, as opposed to what your doctor said. Maybe you should get a second opinion, like somebody before me said.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
You should stop fingering your butt when you beat it, or should you start fingering your butt, I forget, anyways try both and see what works best
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by soulflyV
I love how you censored out wank, like it's some kind of swear word.

And in CAPS too!

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Don't crack your fingers. Although you should use your hand more. If you don't it will become more inactive and more fragile to impact.

If you crack your fingers it'll get worse.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by Kensai
Funny how you just went to the doctor but instead of asking him what you can do to get better, you ASK THE PIT.

Kensai has completely shit on you and everyone else who attempts to best his hilarious post. I'd say Kensai wins the pit.
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by soulflyV

haha good point
Sig space available, give me some praise
That sucks man. I thought that keeping your hands active was the best thing you could do for arthritis? Go see another doctor.When I had a perforated ear drum, the first doctor I saw prescribed me steroids. After reading the bottle of said steroids, I realised it said "do not use if you have a perforated eardrum". I saw another doctor, who informed me I could have seriously messed up my ear by using the 'roids.

So yeah, a second opinion might be a good thing. But don't trust the pit. Seriously, even if just to avoid the burns from all the flaming.
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Kensai has completely shit on you and everyone else who attempts to best his hilarious post. I'd say Kensai wins the pit.

Awwh, thx

(I'm not gonna sig it )
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by IbanezSA160a

I thought he already won it???
Quote by slayaplaya
the guy has CLASS!

I'd sex him up. I really would. I'd take him out for some seafood, before making my move.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Bendybaws
You should stop fingering your butt when you beat it, or should you start fingering your butt, I forget, anyways try both and see what works best

sigged for getting me weird looks for laughing in the library
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I'd sex him up. I really would. I'd take him out for some seafood, before making my move.

maybe put something in his drink too?

yes...
How in the hell did you get arthritis?
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
How in the hell did you get arthritis?

I think if you use bait and go out at around midnight in safari zone you can get it. Assuming you use a master ball, of course.
Quote by slayaplaya
maybe put something in his drink too?

yes...

My chat up lines don't need chemical enhancement. "This peppered squid is lovely. Not as lovely as you, though". Yea, bitches don't know 'bout my peppered squid.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Play long, play hard, play fast!

Then watch your fingers and wrists contort into unusable stumps.

like your penor??
Page 1 of 2