Page 1 of 2
Hey guys, took the plunge on a PRS Tremonti. Plays and sounds exceptional, with flawless craftsmanship. I went with the Tremonti model for the tremolo, neck profile, and pups. It's a wide/thin neck with a 10" radius, as opposed to the standard wide/fat. The Tremonti pups are high output, but still remain very musical and articulate. The routing for the trem is a little different in that it allows some pull back compared to the standard models. It sounds incredible, and gives a whole new character to my amps, they just scream with this guitar. I wanted something with the chunk of an LP, and the playability of PRS, and this fits the bill perfectly. Very happy with it. Now for the obligatory NGD pictures.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Wow. That is quite an epic guitar dude. Nice choice!

Your new fav guitar?
Niiiiiiiiice!

Cool thing they started making the singlecuts again, they appeal way more to me than their other guitars.
have some fun dude!
Wow!!! That is...stunning! Not sure if/what you had as other options, but I believe you made a great choice!!
thanks guys

Quote by Mwoit
Wow. That is quite an epic guitar dude. Nice choice!

Your new fav guitar?

thanks!. hehe, yeah, it just plays and sounds so nice. It's kind of spoiled me rotten though when I try to pick up my other guitars.

Quote by TheQuailman
Niiiiiiiiice!

Cool thing they started making the singlecuts again, they appeal way more to me than their other guitars.
have some fun dude!

thanks man, I'm having a blast with it

Quote by MetlHed94
Wow!!! That is...stunning! Not sure if/what you had as other options, but I believe you made a great choice!!

Thanks! it was this or an SC250, but I decided I wanted a trem. Every hardtail I've owned, I always eventually missed not having one, so I figured I would play it safe with this one.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
...do know that about 50% percent of the UGers now envy/hate you

anyways, great guitar!
looks a very sexy guitar mate
nice choice
id give up a testicle to have a guitar as nice as that lol
Quote by Slicer666
...do know that about 50% percent of the UGers now envy/hate you

anyways, great guitar!

haha, thanks man. Envy only works if I could actually play worth a damn. This might boost my hate percentage a little though.

Quote by Joe4/4/1992
looks a very sexy guitar mate
nice choice
id give up a testicle to have a guitar as nice as that lol

Thanks! As much as I love it though, that might be more than I would be willing to give up!
amp clips
amp vids
I don't normally dig the PRS's but that guitar is f'in tasty. I'm a sucker for the birds.
A friend of mine says "that looks like something taken from the background of a N'sync-video"

Burn the witch! >
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
thanks guys

Quote by bjoern_swe
A friend of mine says "that looks like something taken from the background of a N'sync-video"

Burn the witch! >

hehe, quite possible, I could never stomach actually watching a whole video of that "band". I'll have to ask my friends little sister, she'll know too.
amp clips
amp vids
Not a PRS guy myself, but i could def get into that guitar. VERY NICE CHOICE!

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Absolutely beautiful guitar dude, love the grain on that top; I demand clips!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Necrophagist777
Not a PRS guy myself, but i could def get into that guitar. VERY NICE CHOICE!

thanks

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Absolutely beautiful guitar dude, love the grain on that top; I demand clips!

haha, thanks man. Clips will be coming for sure. I have something else I'm waiting on right now however. Next week should be fun.
amp clips
amp vids
sweet guitar! I love that finish on it (or for that matter, any PRS). The Tremonti, an SC245, and a Custom 24 would make me a very happy man. Nice buy!

btw, how are the pickups on it compared to other aftermarket pickups (SD, DiMarzio, etc)?
Quote by Erock503
thanks

haha, thanks man. Clips will be coming for sure. I have something else I'm waiting on right now however. Next week should be fun.

If it's anything too good I may have to hurt you and steal it; you already have too much gear that I would kill for :stickpoke

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
sweet guitar! I love that finish on it (or for that matter, any PRS). The Tremonti, an SC245, and a Custom 24 would make me a very happy man. Nice buy!

btw, how are the pickups on it compared to other aftermarket pickups (SD, DiMarzio, etc)?

honestly, they are one of my favorite pickups. The first PRS I played was a black Tremonti hardtail, Kurrptsenate on here owned it. I went over his house a lot and played that guitar, I absolutely fell in love with it. The stock pups are very high output, I think PRS's highest, but they are super articulate. Not noisy at all though surprisingly, they are actually quieter than my EMG pups oddly enough. No joke, but I would put them in the class of BK and Wolfetone for pickups that I like and have tried. I have a set of BK Miracle Man pups in another guitar, and I would put them on the same level for me. I've only tried them in Singlecuts though, so I'm sure the extra wood helps, but they just mesh perfectly with these body dimensions and wood.

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
If it's anything too good I may have to hurt you and steal it; you already have too much gear that I would kill for :stickpoke

haha, well, I sold off a lot of stuff actually. The diezel kind of killed the multi-amp scenario for me, I found myself comparing every high gainer to that amp, so I got rid of most of my stuff. The only amps I have are the Herbert and my Stein+ at this point. The new arrival is pretty nice though, don't kill me bro.

Quote by mr.rs
Gorgeous, just gorgeous.

thank you mr.rs
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Sep 26, 2008,
excellent! nice colour too, i really like prses in blue.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
excellent! nice colour too, i really like prses in blue.

thanks Dave, I'm really happy with it. I gotta say too, I seriously considered the Edwards after talking to you, I just didn't find one in the cosmetics that I wanted that was new and that would ship here. There is a company called "The Heritage" here in the states that make some killer LP styles too. Former Gibson Kalamzoo plant employees started a company, and they make some sickkk guitars. This thing was like my dream guitar though, and it was in stock, so I had to grab it while I had the funds and opportunity.
amp clips
amp vids
i think i tried a heritage once, ages ago, seemed pretty nice.

problem with edwards is buying from japan... the pound (and dollar too) isn't doing so well against the yen these days... glad i got in when i did! i'd say a USA-made PRS would be nicer than an edwards, though, no worries there.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Erock503
haha, well, I sold off a lot of stuff actually. The diezel kind of killed the multi-amp scenario for me, I found myself comparing every high gainer to that amp, so I got rid of most of my stuff. The only amps I have are the Herbert and my Stein+ at this point. The new arrival is pretty nice though, don't kill me bro.

The very fact that you had a Nitro and sold it to someone who isn't me means I should kill you on principal alone but I guess it can wait until this revelation about whatever you have up your colossal sleeve...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
The very fact that you had a Nitro and sold it to someone who isn't me means I should kill you on principal alone but I guess it can wait until this revelation about whatever you have up your colossal sleeve...

haha, sorry man. not really a revelation, just something that should work really nicely with this guitar. Think of a drug that was really popular a a few years ago.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
honestly, they are one of my favorite pickups. The first PRS I played was a black Tremonti hardtail, Kurrptsenate on here owned it. I went over his house a lot and played that guitar, I absolutely fell in love with it. The stock pups are very high output, I think PRS's highest, but they are super articulate. Not noisy at all though surprisingly, they are actually quieter than my EMG pups oddly enough. No joke, but I would put them in the class of BK and Wolfetone for pickups that I like and have tried. I have a set of BK Miracle Man pups in another guitar, and I would put them on the same level for me. I've only tried them in Singlecuts though, so I'm sure the extra wood helps, but they just mesh perfectly with these body dimensions and wood.

Wow, they must be pretty damn good for you to compare them to Bare Knuckle pickups (don't know Wolfetone but I'm guessing they're really good). I was actually looking into PRS' pickups as possible options for my Hellraiser (EMGs offer great crunch, but they don't clean up well enough for my taste and seem to muddy a bit when rolling off the volume...clean they're clean, but too clean; almost processed to me). How well do they clean up when using a lot of gain, and how clean are they on a legitamate clean channel?
I thought I couldn't be more jealous.

Then I saw your new guitar.

THEN I thought I REALLY couldn't be more jealous.

The you said this:

Quote by Erock503
haha, sorry man. not really a revelation, just something that should work really nicely with this guitar. Think of a drug that was really popular a a few years ago.

I hate you...

Excellent guitar choice. One of those "perfect" guitars.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by RG_FANMAN
Wow, they must be pretty damn good for you to compare them to Bare Knuckle pickups (don't know Wolfetone but I'm guessing they're really good). I was actually looking into PRS' pickups as possible options for my Hellraiser (EMGs offer great crunch, but they don't clean up well enough for my taste and seem to muddy a bit when rolling off the volume...clean they're clean, but too clean; almost processed to me). How well do they clean up when using a lot of gain, and how clean are they on a legitamate clean channel?

well, these pups in particular are the ones I really like out of the PRS line. Don't get me wrong, all their stock pups are pretty great, but they weren't something I would personally seek out as aftermarket replacements. The Tremonti and SC250's sound great to me however. I'm actually really impressed with the clean tones from them, that wasn't even really a factor for me, but they are surprisingly really good. There are a couple demo vids on youtube that cover the cleans if you want to check them out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQb1AJPfOeM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDlp9pQSar0

Quote by Ippon
Congrats! Sexylicious guitar ... BTW, it's missing a 7th string!

haha, no kidding, when I first picked it up, it felt so tiny, lol. After a few hours though, my 7 felt like a boat oar again, so it's all good.

Quote by thefrigginbob
Excellent guitar choice. One of those "perfect" guitars.

haha, it's going to be epic hopefully, thanks bro.

Quote by pak1351
Wow, I'd tap that.

Congratulations man

thanks man
amp clips
amp vids
I bet Eric (ibanez_SZ4life!) would be jealous, I know I am...
Quote by Ippon
Congrats! Sexylicious guitar ... BTW, it's missing a 7th string!

+1.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Ahh so nice, makes me want to get in the car now and buy one. Don't know if I could justify spending so much on a guitar at the moment though.. One day haha
HI
Quote by aznrockerdude
I bet Eric (ibanez_SZ4life!) would be jealous, I know I am...

thanks man. Eric probably has one already though, he's had some nice axes. I wanted this for a hard rock/metal machine, but I'm still keeping my proto C-7 for the xtreme br00talz.

Quote by I Be Andyy
Veryyy sexy.

thanks

Quote by StratPat
Ahh so nice, makes me want to get in the car now and buy one. Don't know if I could justify spending so much on a guitar at the moment though.. One day haha

yeah, definitely not cheap, I had to sell some really nice gear to offset the cost. Fortunately, it turned out to be well worth it though.
amp clips
amp vids
Nice man! You got that, which in part I'm figuring you found a new home for your Loomis.
Congrats man! We'll accept you going back to the gods now
Quote by bowen
Nice man! You got that, which in part I'm figuring you found a new home for your Loomis.
Congrats man! We'll accept you going back to the gods now

hehe, thanks mang. Yeah, sadly, it went to a good home though. I love the look of maple, but I just prefer rosewood for playing, so it sat a lot. Was great to look at though!
amp clips
amp vids
That's a very nice looking guitar

What's the neck like compared to the regular PRS profile?
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
That's a very nice looking guitar

What's the neck like compared to the regular PRS profile?

it's a little thinner from fretboard to back, not much though. Just enough to be a little faster, but still very comfortable.
amp clips
amp vids
Sounds liek you did your research. Congrats. Stunning looking guitar.
Page 1 of 2