Can you listen to music and surf the web!? also does the Iphone/ipod touch have wifi sercurity options, i mean can you put a PW in order to use Wifi, or does the internet have to be open. thanks for any help
LOL
yes, you can have music in the background
even my brothers cheapo sony ericsson phone can do that

yes, you can connect to all sorts of passworded wifi networks
GTFInto Ipod thread. We don't care here.
The Prime Factorisation of the number of the beast : 2x3x3x37
Quote by J-B
GTFInto Ipod thread. We don't care here.

sorry, where is that forum located?
LOL
Theyre both overpriced peices of wank, i should know, my bro has an ipod touch and iphone as does my dad but he has the new 3G one. It does nothing a normal phone/mp3 allready does any better, except maybe browsing the web, but it look like you allready have a computer that does that.
Third party apps can't run in the background unless you have a jailbroken iPhone/Touch. Although they aren't hard to jailbreak with a bit of research.

But yes you can listen to music while searching the web.

And depending on what you mean by Wi-Fi, if you have a jailbroken phone you can get an app called Lockdown that will require you to put in a password to use certain apps, so I suppose you can password apps like Safari or Youtube if you want. And if you're talking about Wi-Fi as in wireless LAN, if you're network has a PW it will prompt you for it the first time you join it, but it's not a big deal as using the wireless LAN doesn't use up you're monthly bandwidth quota.
Loyal minds will not break.
Ipod touch can listen to music and surf the web at the same time.
However.. if you listen music and put on youtube the music will fade..

i know this because i own one myself
And i do not regret buying this.. since i needed a new mp3player anyway and all those cheap mp3 always fail on me when i need them the most.
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Quote by IKnowItsWrong
Ipod touch can listen to music and surf the web at the same time.
However.. if you listen music and put on youtube the music will fade..

i know this because i own one myself
And i do not regret buying this.. since i needed a new mp3player anyway and all those cheap mp3 always fail on me when i need them the most.

how is the web surfing? Because right now in college i have a hour between my next class, and i usually sit around and do nothing. I wanted to surf the web, we got wifi in the school. is good?
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
Can you listen to music and surf the web!? also does the Iphone/ipod touch have wifi sercurity options, i mean can you put a PW in order to use Wifi, or does the internet have to be open. thanks for any help

ya know there is an "only ipod thread"...right?
anyways...

Yea you can listen to music and surf the web or use any non audio type program at the same time. Double clicking that home button (or whatever it is called) will call up a quick control for the music which is nice. That way you don't have to go into the music screen to change tracks, pause, or adjust volume every time.

As for security, yes it work with secure networks. That's the only way I run my wireless.

You will find that some programs must close out when you switch into others which is annoying at times...
If you go for an iPod touch be sure to Google for the latest free upgrade, the Touch is pointless without that and $20 is too high in price for what the upgrade does IMO.

My grudges with the touch are the flickering of the brightness on the screen, usually seen when you turn it down all the way.
And battery life sux...I have to charge mine every day and I only power it up for about 3-4 hours...

If you can shell out a little more, get a laptop. Internet surfing isnt great, I mean the browser is good however typing is slow at times and very hard with the touch screen. I use my laptop whenever I can to get onto the net.
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 26, 2008,