Ive seen the brand elimination battle has finally finished

Jackson won, honestly i was suprised that it went down to jackson and PRS, i think thats great. But, i wonder why gibson and dean went out early.

Ive played a few gibsons and i loved everyone of them, perhaps mabey its because of gibsons recent desicion to chamber the les paul standard or what ever, i was just wondering why u guys voted them out.

Also same applys with dean, im thinking about buy a dean in the next month or two, after played many of them, and im wondering why the were voted out so early.

Just a general query and would apprieciate feedback, Cheers
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
where dean is concerned, they rely on a dead rockstar to sell most of their guitars. also the quality is surely decreasing as the founder dean zelinsky has left and formed his own company
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Quote by tdrules
where dean is concerned, they rely on a dead rockstar to sell most of their guitars. also the quality is surely decreasing as the founder dean zelinsky has left and formed his own company

+1

I think people voted out gibson cuz they can't afford 'em most of the time.
1st reply was right about deans, but also that they have SHITE lower end guitars.

gibsons are extremely overpriced, so much so that they are to guitars as ipods are to mp3 players: you are paying for the name on the headstock.
PRS shouldve won hands down

Also, if you have an Epiphone LP Special II, you shouldnt be willingly telling ppl that
I'm a Dean guy myself, but it's really all subjective. Price range is key. i have an ML XP that's adequate, but i wouldn't call it a good guitar. As good as anything else in the $250 price range i guess, but I also have a Dean 79 ML silverburst that goes for $650 new (added USA Exotic covered pickups). That guitar is outstanding. Playability, fit, finish, all great. I also have a Dean Icon PZ that sold for about $600 in 1997 (year it was made) and that's another one that is just great. bottom line is you get what you pay for. Start out with good wood and fit and finish and with minor changes you can make a decent guitar. the Gibson studio is one that comes to mind that I really don't like the tone of. Not saying it's a bad guitar it's just that I would need a pickup change minimum and when your already spending +$1000 i don't feel i should have to do that. whatever the guitar, if you like it buy it and don't worry about what anyone else thinks.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Last edited by scott58 at Sep 26, 2008,
Quote by tdrules

Your totally right and Dime is dead Metal God BTW.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by SilverchairFan
PRS shouldve won hands down

Also, if you have an Epiphone LP Special II, you shouldnt be willingly telling ppl that

ive been playing 3 years now, i love that guitar, dont u worry about other peoples posessions.
Bazza

Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Dean - ugly as sin and not all that great. Their prices are okay though. But seriously, if you like the way a razorback looks you need to see a shrink.
EDIT: The whole Dimebag thing is annoying, but I wouldn't take it into consideration when judging guitars.

Gibson - Love the SG, but the '08 LP was a big disappointment for me. I thought I'd buy on - walked out of the store with a strat instead. Strange thing is that the LPs from '06 and '07 are allright, but a little pricey to be honest. I don't know what the heck Gibson is doing.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Sep 26, 2008,
Quote by TheQuailman
Dean - ugly as sin and not all that great. Their prices are okay though. But seriously, if you like the way a razorback looks you need to see a shrink.

Gibson - Love the SG, but the '08 LP was a big disappointment for me. I thought I'd buy on - walked out of the store with a strat instead. Strange thing is that the LPs from '06 and '07 are allright, but a little pricey to be honest. I don't know what the heck Gibson is doing.

lol, i just love the shape, i love the way they have the attitide of a v but the extra wing gives wou extra support when u play sitting down, especially for me as im not a fan of the explorer, any way, yeah man, gibson has a bit to answer for
Bazza

Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Quote by tdrules

I didn't know anything about Dime when i bought my first Dean. I'd heard of pantera, but that was a bit to much metal for me (still is to a point). I put that Dean against 30 or 40 other guitars (some costing 3x as much) and the Icon PZ is probably the only guitar I own that I will never sell. I'll certainly buy different guitars, I'm on the hunt for a good strat right now, but to make such a sweeping statement concerning a single brand of guitar... well .... lets just say I disagree.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
the standard deans seem lacking in quality, i saw a 1100 razorback in guitar center and the pickup had fallen into the body. played a cheaper razorback, you could fit danny devito under the strings, the action was so bad. sure they look all scary and metal, but there not that great.

Now I've never played a Dean USA, so those could be much better.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
I love the shapes of dean guitars... well the razorback is a bit pointy for me but the ML is one of the best looking guitars out there.

You'll get what you pay for when you buy a Dean, except for the '79 reissues which is a great success for Dean.
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!
Has it occurred to you that elimination threads mean nothing? It's just a test of which brands fanboys are the most retarded.
lol true enuff, thats y jackson and esp done so good
Bazza

Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!