Hoax
239 90%
Only way to enlightenment
15 6%
Other (explain in post)
12 5%
Voters: 266.
Page 1 of 3
What do you think? Is Scientology a true means to enlightenment and the only true religion or is it a hoax? post your comments and thoughts.
This thread: Stand alone in the pit or should it be in the only religion thread? Post your comments and thoughts.

(seriously though I'm not a fan of scientology)
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Hoax, hence Hubbard saying, "If you want to make a million dollars, start a religion."
"You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion."

-L. Ron Hubbard, Founder of Scientology.
Quote by msarro
Hoax, hence Hubbard saying, "If you want to make a million dollars, start a religion."

This. Scientology is a joke.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
yea... and depending on your view you can consider Scientology not to be a religion. so technically shouldn't be locked for being a religion thread....*crossing fingers*
Quote by sglover34479
Yeah its just a scam for him to get money.

If you mean L ron hubbard he died 22 years ago.

OR DID HE???!
It not a hoax. It's a moneymaking scheme.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

well i think he refers to the leaders of scientology, which was originally hubbard but now i don't even know who it is.
Quote by Kensai
If you mean L ron hubbard he died 22 years ago.

OR DID HE???!

Yes he did.
Quote by MoleMania
Yes he did.

OR DID HE!???

Quote by Martian980
well i think he refers to the leaders of scientology, which was originally hubbard but now i don't even know who it is.

I assumed he was reffering to L Ron since no other name had been mentioned.
You may laugh now, but when I go clear, unleash my powers and live forever on an alien world you'll all be sorry.
Quote by smb
You may laugh now, but when I go clear, unleash my powers and live forever on an alien world you'll all be sorry.

wow... do you read what you are typing or is it just random...
^did you eat/rape the body?
Quote by Kensai
OR DID HE!???
Fanatical scientologists believe he's still alive COULD IT BE
He's not still alive he got re-incarnated as stan off of south park duh
Last edited by Martian980 at Sep 26, 2008,
Quote by Martian980
wow... do you read what you are typing or is it just random...
Each word is carefully selected by computer and then they're arranged into sentences by a dedicated team of monkeys.

It's a slow but rewarding process.
a load of male genitalia
although i clicked hoax..
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
The road to enlightenment has many bars along the way.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by smb
Each word is carefully selected by computer and then they're arranged into sentences by a dedicated team of monkeys.

It's a slow but rewarding process.

i would use orangutans they have a better work ethic
I figure that the way it works is that everyone involved has to pay hundreds of thousands to reach the top rung. Every one of them deposits their money into the 'church' tax free. Those at the top profit, while those who get suckered in at the lower levels enjoy having their coffers drained. Those who can afford to get to the top eventually can profit too, but it can cost more than half a million to get there.
"How long is a piece of string a piece of string is as a long as from the distance from one end to the other end and it is the middle part of the string and that is the length of the string"

scientology: the only way to enlightenment
Spoiler: TheQuailman does not believe in God. Neither does he believe that we're all hosts to alien spirits from a galaxy far far away.

There's too much bullshit involved in this for me to take any discussion about it seriously.

EDIT:
I heard Tom Cruise is of such a high rank that he mastered telekinesis. Any second opinions on that?
Last edited by TheQuailman at Sep 26, 2008,
wow telekinesis i had not heard that, but thats the kind of stuff scientology is about, and people still join
Hoax IMO. I don't think that Christianity, Islam, or Judaism make more sense than Scientology, but if I had to pick one, I'd pick the one that has a thousands years old book, and didn't turn into a religion only when the taxes bills started to arrive.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

yea i'm not trying to tell people who's right and wrong i'd rather stay out of that subject and get banned i just wanted to see everyone elses views on it
I don't know what is worse, Scientology itself or people blindly hating it just because it is cool to do.
Scientology is responsible for operation snow white. The single largest infiltration of the american government ever to have occurred

Its litigious attacks on its critics, as well as threatening behaviour have shown it to be nothing short of hostile to all who criticise it.

The RPF is essentially a Scientology prison camp in which they imprison those members of the sea org who are "out ethics" which in scientology means they have questioned the Tech or have not followed orders.

The Church of scientology is more than a hoax, it is a dangerous cult which gained its " religious" status through black mail.
yea i agree jak... but i don't think its right for one, personally, but it seems that there is a good chance that it truly is a fraud and a scam, but i don't know i'm not a member and if people really want to believe that stuff more power to them.
Page 1 of 3