Page 1 of 7
This guitar is literally made from 85% scrap-wood.

bolt on, HSH, 3 2-way switches, 1 vol, 1 tone. super contoured body, 1.7'' thick. super thin shredder neck. this is a possible build for a band member of a local band that is growing pretty fast. 24 3/4'' scale, 24 frets, ebony fretboard. reverse strat style straight headstock, Gold hardware, Gotoh floyd rose, direct mounted pickups.

hows that sound?
It sounds awesome.

Can I ask what the purpose of the 3 switches are?
This thread is worthless without pics.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
What is the scrap wood used? Have I missed it in the original post?
dammit. LP does it again!

nice.....always liked bloodwood...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
As soon as I read that I realized that it was the title of the thread, sorry. The Bloodwood stripes look cool.
Subscribed...
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
subscribed as well , cant wait to see the end
lost and confused,
focused on the obscured.

(\__/) (`'·.¸(`'·.¸(`'·.¸ | ¸.·'´¸.·'´¸.·'´
(o.0 ) (´¨`·.¸¸~MoRBiDThOuGhTs~¸¸.·´¨`)
(> < ) (¸.·'´(¸.·'´(¸.·'´ | `'·.¸`'·.¸`'·.¸
Quote by LP Addict
This guitar is literally made from 85% scrap-wood.

bolt on, HSH, 3 2-way switches, 1 vol, 1 tone. super contoured body, 1.7'' thick. super thin shredder neck. this is a possible build for a band member of a local band that is growing pretty fast. 24 3/4'' scale, 24 frets, ebony fretboard. reverse strat style straight headstock, Gold hardware, Gotoh floyd rose, direct mounted pickups.

hows that sound?

3 2-ways = win
I am pretty stoked on this... I am having trouble flattening the body wood, im already losing too much material (i am down to 1.73''). I guess ill have to rig up the CnC to do it... pain in my ass. I am still wondering if i should do a floyd rose on this guitar or not...

I dont want to use an OFR (they totally blow now)... i really want a gotoh floyd rose, but finding a proper template for that is probably next to impossible. I am also no a big fan of marking a center line on the back of the guitar for the back-route... that sucks.
Quote by LP Addict
I am pretty stoked on this... I am having trouble flattening the body wood, im already losing too much material (i am down to 1.73''). I guess ill have to rig up the CnC to do it... pain in my ass. I am still wondering if i should do a floyd rose on this guitar or not...

put a nice flamed top on it if it gets too thin XD
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Wow coool as
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
this is going to look awsome man
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Its a type of mahogany

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Looks nice. Please dont put a top on it, it would kinda ruin the fact that it has a 5-piece body. You would never be able to see it. Dont do a Floyd on it unless you have to. This should turn out awesome when you finish it.
If he puts a top on it you will still see the blood wood in the back, as long as he keeps it all natural (which he definatly should otherwise what was the point of the blood lams).

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
all natural, no top EVER on this wood. Sapele is an african wood... structurally similiar to mahogany.... yet gives a MUCH more vibrant grain, polishes to a much better shine, and is slightly harder than mahogany. it can look alot like wenge in the grain, its definitely not boring. still offers some incredble ribboning when quarter sawn, yet also has tangental rays. its the same price (6.50 a board foot around here) as mahogany, but is much better for guitar building... plus the dust doesnt smell like total ass when you work with it.
did you get your sapele in the mail yet?

As much as i really really want a floyd rose to work... my body came out too thin for it. =[

it clocks in at just barely 43mm or so. The block on the OFR is at 41mm, not even counting the top. total suckage.
Last edited by LP Addict at Sep 27, 2008,
Sweet. I've never heard of bloodwood before, but it looks pretty awesome.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
I have not recieved the sapelle yet, I'll let you know when I do. Also, this build is looking great.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Cool bananas!
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
I like how the blood wood outlines the neck, this is going to kick ass!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
The problem with Sapele is that it doesn't sound anything like Mahogany, yet its marketed as mahogany because it looks like it.

Many guitar manufacturers are using it now because of the lack of Honduran mahogany availability. Honduran is the "real" stuff that sounds like a Les Paul. (strong lower midrange tone)

Sapele sounds much brighter, which can be attributed to it being more dense.

This is not to say there's anything wrong with Sapele, just don't assume a guitar will sound like mahogany when its not made of it.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
nah, thats definitely wrong, my tele is warm all day, so warm i have to adjust my amp settings, and its a one piece sapele. but then again, wood is wood, each piece is different.

cutting neck thickness :

Neck pocket test (all 14 pounds of body)
looks like a frazel

+ 1 to who ever from the UK gets that

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976