So, there's been quite a few sports threads recently and we need a MotoGP thread. Well, I hope we do.

GOGOGO

I'm wanting Stoner to win again this season, but the chances are looking slim. On a brighter note, Stoner and Hayden both riding for Honda Ducati next year, which should be a fantastic combination of riders.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Last edited by roythereaper at Sep 26, 2008,
You gotta love moto GP, so much better than most motorsports.

I thought Rossi was past his best when Hayden and Stoner started winning the championship, but thankfully this season has proved me wrong
Some of the races have been pretty close, at the Laguna Seca when points were tighter Stoner was damn nigh on par with Rossi. Still, between his wrist injury and... Rossi having stupid amounts of experience I suppose it's inevitable Rossi's the superior rider. At the moment.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Yeah if Stoner would stop falling off the championship would be a lot more exciting right now. How about the 125cc and 250cc? Scott Redding winning donnington was amazing
I haven't really followed the lower categories, but quite a few racers come up to the MotoGP class at the start of this season, the standard must be pretty high.
Call me Callum

I thought the MotoGP season was already over

how many races are left?
Ah you should watch the 125cc too, more brits and often even closer races than the moto GP.
rossi>stoner

sorry, but although stoner can ride ridiculously fast, he still hasnt got the experience to handle lots of pressure, like at the three races before Indy, when he should really have won all of them tbh.

rossi wins =)
Quote by smb
I thought the MotoGP season was already over

how many races are left?

Theres 4 races left, 1 being this sunday
To smb, there are 4 left, Motegi, an Australian track, Sepang then Valencia. With Rossi ahead by 80-something points

Yea, Toseland isn't doing fantastically for us, part of the reason why I'm supporting Stoner is his nationality. I'd love to get to the TT race on the Isle Of Man at some point to see more British racers.

EDIT: Stoner would be better off with Suzuki, I reckon, the Ducati was getting owned on the corners and Rossi's too good to let Stoner get past on the straights. Keep in mind how young Stoner is, he's going to be exceptional in a few years' time.
Call me Callum

I went to the TT a couple years ago, it's pretty cool but i don't find it as exciting as the moto gp cos it's all time trails as apposed to racing against other riders.
Ah okay. Dammit I'll miss Sunday's race (and I'll probably miss the F1 GP as well )
Sunday's race starts at 6/5 in the morning, it's on Setanta thankfully. Still, you can get the highlights, I just hope you're doing something worth missing it for

EDIT: Time trials aren't that bad, there's not as much tension but it's still worth witnessing how skillful the riders are.
Call me Callum

yeh that's certainly true, but i prefer the excitement of being able to see who's winning at the time without having to look up previous times if you see what i mean.
Quote by LedZepRule
yeh that's certainly true, but i prefer the excitement of being able to see who's winning at the time without having to look up previous times if you see what i mean.

Yea, of course
Call me Callum

Quote by LedZepRule
Theres 4 races left, 1 being this sunday

Hello, fellow Reading dweller!

I like me some MotoGP, it's great to watch on TV and the Xbox games were a blast too.
Quote by LedZepRule
Yeah if Stoner would stop falling off the championship would be a lot more exciting right now. How about the 125cc and 250cc? Scott Redding winning donnington was amazing

And Bradley Smith getting a couple of podiums. The future looks good for them. Anyone know what happened to Chaz Davies? Isn't he in America or something?

Anyway, Rossi seems to have the title sown up. Next year, should be more interesting. Stoner and Hayden at Ducati, Pedrosa and Dovizioso at Honda, and Rossi and Lorenzo at Yamaha.
It's gonna be a blue day
BUMP....Well the '09 season starts this weekend. Anyone else looking forward to it?