I went to my local guitar shop for the first time (I brought my friend with me, even though he doesn't know everything) and I looked around and tried a few out and then I saw a V. I fell in love with it as I love different guitars, and even though I don't know too much about how guitars sound, I loved it (Played through a vox 20 watt-something) but there's a little flaw: As I'm starting out for the first time, I will probably be sitting down a lot, and I understand and appreciate that the V hooks onto your right leg, but the lead sort of gets in the way and it becomes a little bit uncomfortable. So, what I was getting on to say, was is it worth it to buy the guitar, or shall I just get another one?

Here are the links:
It was this guitar, but if I were to buy another one, it would probably be this, however, if all of you decide that I should buy another one, what should it be? Like a squier or something?

By the way my preffered genres are hard rock, some metal (thrash) and maybe a little lighter clean stuff. Oh and if anyone has any of the listed guitars, can they give me a quick review or something?

Oh, and if it helps, hopefully I'll be buying a Roland microcube.

EDIT: Also, I think the price was £146 for the V ($292) Oh, and finally, I would just like to know, does any of you know what the quality of this guitar is like?
Last edited by SlayedInTheFace at Sep 26, 2008,
Never heard of those guitars, but v's arent really meant to be played sitting down. they feel great standing up though.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
You can play a V sitting down, its just a little awkward. That guitar looks pretty nice, and Korean-made instruments dont seem to be too bad quality-wise. Go with the V, its not hard to get used to playing one.
The jack is on the on the inside of the lower wing? Good god, that is terrible placement if you want to sit with it.

As to V's not being meant to be played sitting down, coulda fooled me. I think my V is more comfortable sitting than traditional shapes. Personal preference, I suppose.

Through the cube, the guitar probably doesn't matter TOO much. Just get one that you like to play, and try to get one with 'buckers.
Quote by qotsa1998
You can play a V sitting down, its just a little awkward. That guitar looks pretty nice, and Korean-made instruments dont seem to be too bad quality-wise. Go with the V, its not hard to get used to playing one.

Even with the lead sticking out?
Quote by Vykk Draygo
The jack is on the on the inside of the lower wing? Good god, that is terrible placement if you want to sit with it.

As to V's not being meant to be played sitting down, coulda fooled me. I think my V is more comfortable sitting than traditional shapes. Personal preference, I suppose.

Through the cube, the guitar probably doesn't matter TOO much. Just get one that you like to play, and try to get one with 'buckers.

I only tried out the ones with the humbuckers, I tried out a strat copy and compared to the V it was bullshit. But what do you think? Should I buy it?
Just make sure you get one of those cables with the 90 degree angle jack (Forgot what they're called), and it shouldnt get in the way.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I only tried out the ones with the humbuckers, I tried out a strat copy and compared to the V it was bullshit. But what do you think? Should I buy it?
The strat? Not if you didn't like it, bro.

If you mean the V, then I wouldn't, because I like to sit down, and the jack would piss me off. It does look rather nice, though.
Quote by Vykk Draygo
The strat? Not if you didn't like it, bro.

If you mean the V, then I wouldn't, because I like to sit down, and the jack would piss me off. It does look rather nice, though.

The colour was like black burst though. And I meant the V.
You're kinda cracking me up, man.

You like it, so get it! You could try the 90 degree jack, as suggested. That would cut down on the annoyance for sure.
Quote by Vykk Draygo

It's comfortable, I just don't like the neck being at that steep an angle.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
It's comfortable, I just don't like the neck being at that steep an angle.

Fair enough. That's what I tend to dislike abut traditional shapes, their tendency to sit parallel to the floor.
Just a matter of taste i guess, I like them sitting fairly parallel but i do kinda prop it up a bit on leads sometimes.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
If you want the noise your looking for but dont want the awkward sitting..Buy an Epi Les paul

if the V dosnt bother you go for it

Quote by Branflakes
If you want the noise your looking for but dont want the awkward sitting..Buy an Epi Les paul

if the V dosnt bother you go for it

I appreciate that but I don't really like traditional shapes. Oh, and if anyone has this guitar can they tell me about it?

Thanks in advance.
Quote by Necrophagist777
Never heard of those guitars, but v's arent really meant to be played sitting down. they feel great standing up though.

They are meant to be played sitting down and standing.

I started playing classical guitar and within a few months I got a V and it felt so right sitting down.

If you play with Vs sitting down, it gives you better access to the frets, IMO.

BUT, if you are just starting out and never played in classical position... don't get a v.
Last edited by Graveworm at Sep 27, 2008,
Quote by Graveworm
They are meant to be played sitting down and standing.

I started playing classical guitar and within a few months I got a V and it felt so right sitting down.

If you play with Vs sitting down, it gives you better access to the frets, IMO.

BUT, if you are just starting out and never played in classical position... don't get a v.

Yea I never played classical, CUZ I AM DA BR00TALZ!! Lol just kidding.

It does give you better access to the frets, it's just i dont like my guitar's neck at that steep an angle, personal preference i guess.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Mate, I just got a V copy aswell, it feels weird sitting down for about a day, then it feels natural and you get used to how you have to do it. I don't even play it in the classical position, I play mine with the neck joint resting on my right knee, It's just as comfy, if not more so, then my les paul..

And in the classical position it doesn't feel weird after about 20 minutes, seeing as you're a complete beginner, it won't matter too much.

Asides from the comfyness, you want the v, BUY THE V. When buying a new guitar, a certain guitar will just scream "YES" at you, and if you get anything else, you will always regret it, and possibly not take guitar seriously because of it.
Yeah, there is the "I want this one" factor when learning the guitar. If a kid wants to learn electric and is into those rock licks and riffs, then let them learn on that. A lot of people sometimes push the "You should learn classical first to get good roots in music" or the "You should learn acoustic first" lose interest in it. If a kid wants to learn sports and wants to play tennis you don't shove a football into his hands and say go play football. If its the V that you really want as opposed to a strat or telecaster or les paul, then just go for it. I know tons of people who want to play electric first, I wanted to learn acoustic first. Most people end up with both guitars after a while anyways. Its just one of those things.
Guitars Owned: Yamaha F335
Quote by 1 Winged Angel
Most people end up with both guitars after a while anyways. Its just one of those things.

Yep. I had 1 year lessons in classical guitar, but it sucked and after a year i didnt even knew one chord + i practiced only during the lessons... Got interested in music again, bought electric guitar, now im back to the classical guit.

Anywayz, I have a micro cube and its pretty cool for clean sounds, distortion too for what i expected from... Its good for home use and i heard that with some distortion pedals (ds1 or mt2?) it gets a decent distortion. Talking of music stores, last month i went to the regular one, and this guy who works there had an Ibanez JPM, the john petrucci model with the picasso designs and it was the win of the day.
Quote by Necrophagist777
Yea I never played classical, CUZ I AM DA BR00TALZ!! Lol just kidding.

It does give you better access to the frets, it's just i dont like my guitar's neck at that steep an angle, personal preference i guess.

IMHO, it does.

I play folk and classical style so, I think it be more fair of me to judge. It is only one opinion so..
Quote by Graveworm
IMHO, it does.

I play folk and classical style so, I think it be more fair of me to judge. It is only one opinion so..

I said it DOES give you better access to the frets, i'm not trying to prove you wrong. your correct that it is technically easier to play, especially leads. I'm just not used to it.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
you shouldnt buy a guitar for the look if you cant play tht good ask the person whos at the counter and they will play it