Ive just been out on the town and i had quite a few vodka and redbulls so im all jacked up. I got home and decided to play some guitar because im still wide awake. I know you have to program your muscles, so to speak, to play anything properly and i was wondering if the alcohol would stop that happening. Basically, is their any point in me practising now?
no, i remember me and my band were playing somewhere and we were all drunk (except our then drummer) and we sounded completely awful. when we came back one of the guys that worked there told our drummer not to come in drunk again because it was making the band sound like shit
Sig space available, give me some praise
I tried one time.

It did not work AT ALL.

I fell out of my chair and almost broke my guitar.

Then again, I had drank 20 something beers and a few shots of whiskey.
I used to not be able to play drunk. Now I do alright if I am not completely shitfaced.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Alexi Laiho says NO
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Well, its definately fun, il give it that.

Actually.....drunk harmonica is even more fun and awesome
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
I actually play better when I am drunk. Not completely hammered or anything. And it is not just the alcohol saying that. I know I play better when drunk, I am less inhibited by myself.
Quote by Vagabond21

Hardcore.

Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
i ended up hitting some kid in the face with my guitar last time i tried that.
Go to real hardcore shows.
Quote by Vagabond21
I tried one time.

It did not work AT ALL.

I fell out of my chair and almost broke my guitar.

Damn 20? I have trouble finishing one.
A couple weeks ago I had a few shots of gin and decided to show my new college friends some songs I'd written. I kept ****ing up the time signatures and they all came out as waltzes.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Meh, I can't play guitar after I've been drinking... tried it yesterday, sounded horrible!

Doesn't beat my friend though... he wasn't used to playing a steel-string, so he started bleeding while playing (but didn't notice anything because he was pretty drunk). So when I woke up the next morning, my guitar was full of bloodstains. METAL!!!
Gear as 2015:
Ibanez PGM401
Music Man JP6 (for sale)
Music Man Axis (for sale)
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez EW Acoustic Steel string
Crappy Cort Acoustic 12-string
NI Rig Kontrol 3 & Guitar Rig 5
What the **** is up with "I drank shots vodka and red bull"??

Pit, you officially suck. You drink vodka cold and clean! Not mixed up with crap if you go and announce the world that you're a tough vodka drinker...for god's sake at least save your pride and don't come announcing "vodka and red bull" every time you drink it!õ

Oh, and I have no idea about "drink and jam"ing tbh...
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by VoodooChild15
A couple weeks ago I had a few shots of gin and decided to show my new college friends some songs I'd written. I kept ****ing up the time signatures and they all came out as waltzes.

Damn that's funny.

There are more than a few musicians who have proven it's not a great idea to play drunk.
when im pissed, i write brilliant riffs, and stuff, but when i play it again in the morning i realise how shit they are.
Quote by Trefellin

Sam Totman says, "Yaaaaaaahhhhhh!"

No matter what Sam says I saw them live and he was chugging beers the entire time and he progressively played shittier and shittier. He can't play drunk even though he likes to boast that he plays better.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by Fleabag
Hardcore.

I don't even drink anymore.

I wasn't trying to brag, just telling my experience.

Quit being a douche.

edit:
Quote by metaldud536
Damn 20? I have trouble finishing one.

That's what college did to me. I'm also a stout fellow (not bragging) so I can drink quite a bit.

I also learned that the first step is admitting you have a problem!

I got arrested too
Last edited by Vagabond21 at Sep 26, 2008,
I've done this alot! It makes you play like crap if you have too much. My 21st birthday was one of those times. We had 2 gigs, one we played sober, the second, smashed, guess which one was good.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!